Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Doesn't matter what you earn in your own country you should pay the proper price of the country you are in - not getting ripped off -which is what this 50p here and there is in Goa - "because you can afford it". as we are repeatedly told.

Glad to read that at least some exhibit a sensible attitude to this often repeated subject. :tup
Yes I do agree with you, but if I had to argue about prices with EVERYBODY in Goa I wouldn't have much of a holiday.

I don't argue about it - I know the taxi drivers are robbers, that's why I rent a scooter for 200Rs per day.

As for food - we tend to eat at the more top end end of the market sort of places; I never object to paying for quality. :tup
I never object to paying for quality

Exactly.
The best "reason" for trying to overcharge us last season was -

"you are getting more rupees for your pound now so things will cost you more".
Yes their 'reasons' are unreasonable.
The best one for us was we went to a shack and the owner charged us a lot more that it should have been when I asked him how come :rofl he said I have no peoples so I have to charge you more money I know some people who wont go back to that shack in a hurry ......what they should do is do a happy hour for sunset and lots of people will stop off for a sunset beer on there way back to their hotels ....colleen
think I have gone :offtop sorry
what they should do is do a happy hour for sunset and lots of people will stop off for a sunset beer on there way back to their hotels

Yes I agree, or some free snacks, poppadum, veg pakora .... come to think of it I've never ever seen any kind of 'offer' at any hotel or beach shack. Seems odd, no business sense whatsoever.
perhaps we need a thread like our tips for first timers- but call it tips for shack, bar and restaurant owners :rofl I do know that several restaurant owners read this forum so you never know ;)
Brill Idea Fiona ....and we could ask about happy hour jewellers because I know they read the forum too :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.