Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yep you're sick....it's the thought of coming back somewhere thats has OTT prices, polictical correctness gone mad (artists have just been told no 'church scenes' in local hospital), traffic jams, roadworks with no one working, politicians on the take.... etc etc. THAT'S whats making you sick!

Fab reading by the way :tup
Yep you're sick....it's the thought of coming back somewhere thats has OTT prices, polictical correctness gone mad (artists have just been told no 'church scenes' in local hospital), traffic jams, roadworks with no one working, politicians on the take.... etc etc. THAT'S whats making you sick!

Yes things are so bad in this country - the eastern europeans, the Afghans, the Iranians and now the Gurkhas are desperate to get in here. :think
Just go and get a good inverter - we have lived in Goa for many years and when INVERTERS were introduced we bought one and it was the best thing we ever did - after buying a fridge/freezer - microwave/fitted kitchen/skytv - and the lots of things that make life good.
piopleshadow told me on this site that there is no problem with insects in the monsoon but I must quote this = as when I was there in my one and only monsoon these insects were horrid and the reason I will never go back to Goa in the monsoon.

"Wake up to the mossies and a million other insects that did not exist before the rains, hobble inside as your back is now as stiff as a board after laying on damp beds and you feel like a pin cushion but manage to pour a couple of VAT's just before the electric goes off again".
We didn't find the zuari (konkani for mosquito, same as the bridge and river) too bad last monsoon, as long as usual precautions are taken. These include not sleeping partially clad in the garden at the time they start to feed ;)
Maybe its all to do with the area you live in?

As far as the inverter is concerned, yes, I fully endorse Waterproof,s view that its the best buy by far! Good for fans, lights, tv, satellite, computer, etc, but.............unless you are prepared to shell out on a mega-buck system, forget AC, fridges, kettles, ovens, hot showers or anything that is a high power user, or it will drain drain your batteries quicker than a Goan asking for more money!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.