Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
you will probably be ok with a lightweight pushchair in sharm. when walking from the sonesta hotel into naama bay, it is a level promenade next to the beach. where there are a few steps there is normlly a slope as well but there aren't all that many steps in general apart from to maybe go to a restaurant or something.

most companies offer "dolphin watching" trips, but in all honesty there is no guarentee they will show up (the dolphins), and it is not that common i would say.

SW
take your husband to cairo to visit the pyramids , its a birthday he will never forget.
ellijay

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:27 pm Post subject: a few q's from an Egypt virgin!

Hi,
I am going to Egypt for 2 weeks at the end of June with my hubby and our 2 kids age 9 and 4

We are staying at the Sonesta Club in Sharm all inclusive.

My son(4) complains alot when he has to walk...is it an easy place for a lightweight buggy as Ive been told there are alot of steps?

I am fair skinned,blond hair,blue eyes...so burn quickly,hardly tan..someone told me its different out there and I'm likley to get a tan for first time ever lol! Is it true?

Last one honest....While we will be there it will be my hubbys 30th birthday so would like to do something special...any recommendations please?? We would love to swim with dolphins but unless there is an organised boat trip out to the wild ones we won't bother as Ive read about how cruelly treated the 'show' dolphins are. So is there such a trip from Sharm?

Thanks and sorry for the long post (my first one!)

OK
A four year old in my opinion should be running EVERYWHERE and having fun (BTW I've 7 grand kids so I am aware what the little ******* can be like) BUT if yours is like you say the only real steps that you will encounter are in the hotels and maybe one in restaurants down Naama so a buggy will be fine - you could be cheeky get a lightweight one on Freecycle and then dump it before coming home

Sun tan/burn
Get a HIGH factor suncream sunburn is the same wherever you are they do a Factor 90 in the supermarkets at Sharm especially for kids

Dolphins
Whilst we have been we have only ever seen pods of 4 dolphins AFAIK not sen a Dolphins watch boats everyone's too busy Scuba and Snorkelling to go watching for them Dolphinella is TERRIBLE read This thread There are so many fish to see the mammals don't get a look in there's more excitement about Basking Sharks than Dolphins Why not give your fella a Scuba lesson as a pressie some schools do try dives in the sea for a small fee as opposed to the free ones in the pool

Come on make more posts we don't mind how long they are

Oh Yess Welcome to HT
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.