Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
What a wonderful report, Tony. It almost makes me wnat to return there, but I think I prefer to keep the castles and unspoilt landscapes in my memory and let the building sites melt away with time.

Elaine
Excellent post Tony,
with regards to the golf course there was a piece in the local rag today,the academy and practice holes are due to open in the next month or so and the front 9 not long after,completion date sometime in OctoberI think.
hi tony, like you my previous visits to north cyprus were a while ago, june 1995 and june 1998,as you say it was totally unspoilt, i spent one holiday at the riverside and one at the altinkaya, both which will stay with me for ever as wonderful times,freinds have visited since i was there and yes feedback confirms building work everywere,maybe one day we will return but would like to remember the place as in 1995, regarding prices in 95, a full evening spent at the altinkiya pool bar 9pm - 3am used to produce me a bill of 5pounds the next morning off ertan and memhet, could i stand the price increases lol, cheers
I am about to book a holiday in Northern Cyprus staying at the almond village has any one been there would like your comments about the hotel
There is a topic at the top of this page dedicated to northern cyprus that will help you
Would any kind person out there have contact details for The Residence, Bellapais? I would like to book a room for our honeymoon next year, but can only seem to find package deals.
Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Hi new member here so hope I do this right.Going in Oct for 8 days would like to split the time between North and South.Was wondering if this can be done. I am a US citizen and understand that EU members can,but wonder if I can. Thanks Jim
Cupples,phone number is

0090 392 815 9296
I originally posted this query in one of the other newsgroups but with no response.

Over Christmas and New Year there were a lot of reports in the Cyprus press about Ledra Street finally being re-opened and the barricades being removed.
it's now gone very quiet and I haven't heard of any more developments.

Does anyone have some up to date news?

I'd just like, one day, to carry on walking, instead of having to stop and peer over the wire at 'no-mans land'. And maybe have a cold Efes lager!
drandle,if you go to

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/

and type 'ledra street opening' into the search faciilty you should find what you are looking for.
im after help on the link that was posted on here a good while ago but i cannot find it sorry..

it was pictures and chapters written by a man who went past the border in Famagusta (i think) and took pics of what it was like there, it had a picture of a basketball net on one.

I am off to Cyprus in 3 and a half weeks and we are hoping to do a sight seeing trip to the border and my boyfriend wanted to see what it was that he would be looking at

Thanks x
Hi Tatty
Not sure which one you mean, but I took some video in Old Famagusta last year...

Warning: 56K heavy - 7.5Mb file best to save it rather than open from the server

Click below
Famagusta/Varosha video

Ady
Thanks so much for that pubdog.. much appreciated!
Thanks, Gooligan In fact I'd already tried that but there hasn't been much reported since December.
Looks like it will be there for another year.........

Dave
I would've thought people would be very reluctant to buy land/property in Northern Cyprus considering there are still so many disputes about it.

My in laws are Cypriot and find it quite upsetting that land that belongs to their family is being sold on in Northern Cyprus - I would imagine this could cause rather a lot of problems in the future.
I'm sure there are many Turkish Cypriots who feel the same way about the land they had to leave behind in the south!
That's not a debate I would want to enter into as I have very strong ties to it and wouldn't want to express views which upset people. Perhaps the Brits should leave Cyprus alone!
Hi all, and Hi Tony great to see you're still here. We chatted around 3 years ago about Riverside. Next October my brother has decided to get married at Bellapais and I have the unenviable position of organising the wedding. Anyway having read your fantastic report, I feel quite sad that the Northern Cyprus that I love is being slowly consumed with tourism/concrete etc. However that won't stop me and I will continue in my quest. We cannot decide whether to go back to Riverside, I do like to try somewhere new. Has anyone heard of or stayed at the Kings Hotel. The website is good and it looks really nice and seems in a great position. Advice would be gratefully received as I really don't want to get this wrong!! :roll: Look forward to hearing your views. Kaz :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.