Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
eurodude - I am sure there are many nice places in the south and yes I agree that with all the building work it possibly will start to look like the south. However the North is far more tranquil, far less beer swilling brits and the locals are far more pleasant and friendly :)
Does anyone know where I could get a good quote for Travel Insurance, travelling from England to Kyrenia for a two week holiday this summer.
Thankyou
hi captain beaky

try looking at the insurance thread in the general enquiries forum

wizard

hows timid toad :lol:
Does anyone know the rate I should be looking for to travel from ercan to alsancak(merit crystal cove) at the beginning of september in the late afternoon by taxi. Any advice would be appreciated and whether I will need to haggle!!
Hi Magnentius. Best "haggle" price from Ercan to Kyrenia is £20 sterling. I reckon £30 tops for Crystal Cove (depending on your powers of persuasion).
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply, We've decided to travel privately to the merit this year for our third time, and having read your previous post after your visit earlier this year I have to agree. The amount of building work has been steadilly increasing over the last three years and I hope any futher development along the coast road to the Karpaz will be prevented otherwise holidaymakers will not be able to appreciate the rugged beauty of the coast to the north east in the future, and anyone who goes up to the Karpaz to stay overnight should take the opportunity to go outside in the dark and look up to the glorious sight of the milky way unspoiled by light pollution.
I do not like being the bearer of bad news, but have just read on the Cyprus Paradise website that Travel World International - also known by its trading names of Jewels of the World and TWI Flights - has ceased to operate.
What the implications of this for those who have booked through them, or those currently on holiday, I know not. I understand, however, that a six-figure bond had been posted with ATOL, which, hopefully, should mean no-one loses out financially.
Further information is available on the Civil Air Avation website.
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=27&pagetype=65&applicationid=9&newstype=n&mode=detail&nid=1324
I have just been reading some of the glowing reports about Almond Village and have made a tentative enquiry to them. We have been considering going to this part of the Island for many years. I was with the RAF back in 1974, based at Akrotiri in the south and at that time, was told that Kyrenia was the most beautiful part of the Island, sadly I didn't get the opportunity to get there. We are now thinking of going there in 2007 but we don't like too much heat and therefore would be seeking to go there in May or September, would I be right in saying this would be a good time to go ?? Also, getting about, would a hire car be adviseable and which side of the road do they drive on or can you do most of it by Dolmus/public transport ??
Don't think you will go wrong heading out there in May or September. Missing the baking summer heat makes eminent good sense. They drive on the left, which is a huge bonus for we Brits, and, yes, I'd hire a car. Dolmus travelling is dirt cheap, true, but it's great to have the flexibility a rental provides out there.
Thank you Tony, I had thought you might be the one to respond after having read some of your earlier pieces. We have already approached Almond Village for a quote and they have been excellent in their response. Just one more thing, flying into Ercan, do we still put £10 in the passport for our visa like we do with Turkey ?
Never been asked for any landing tax at Ercan airport or Gecitkale. I understand transit passengers are not required to pay this, although if you exit at, say Istanbul, and spend a few days there before coming to North Cyprus, you do indeed have to lash out £10 for the privilege.
Tony, Thank you again for the information. I am keeping this Discussion in my Watched Topics Section. Les.
Comments removed.

Please refrain from using the site as a political platform.

If you continue, we will have no alternative, but to terminate your membership.

Kath HT Admin
HT ADMIN KATH, I was only giving people some information about the occupied north of cyprus , it was not political it was facts.
All i did is mention that the real name for ERCAN AIRPORT IS TYMBOU which is greek. Why are we not allowed to tell people that the north of cyprus has been illegally occupied by the turkish army since they invaded in 1974 ? i think it is very interesting to know this. And that NICOSIA is the last divided capital city in the world :cry:
I think Kath has drawn a line on this discussion as it leads to political debate which sometimes gets a little heated.
Eurodude,

please read here what you did not learn at greek cypriot school,from 1960 onwards will suffice for now

http://www.trncgov.com/history.htm

ps
Well done Kath :D
GOOLIGAN, you are making political comments on this section, its not allowed.
http://WWW.LOBBYFORCYPRUS.ORG
Please stop this now and agree to disagree.

Thank you
I am planning to visit the North 25th May & am surpised at prices.

Please can someone advise best options for cheapest flights.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.