Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Try http://WWW.CYPRUSAIRWAYS.COM or http://WWW.EUROCYPRIA.COM for flights to PAFOS & LARNAKA, (They dont fly direct to the occupied north of cyprus)
CYBERHIKER, why is there a brief touch down in turkey ?
The TRNC does not officially excist. The occupied north of cyprus is only reconised by TURKEY.

HT KATH, just giving some balance to the topic.
Eurodude - I am not sure why you feel the need to persistently inform people that Northern Cyprus is illegally occupied. This is a HOLIDAY forum and I am sure I am not the only person who is growing a little weary of your repetitive posts regarding anything to do with Northern Cyprus.
Xenmia, I think Eurodude has demonstrated great balance on this forum. He has a chip on BOTH shoulders!
Enough please.

Lets not get this topic locked please.

Eurodude you have made you point.

Sarah HT Admin
I would just like to point out that CYBERHIKER & GOOLIGAN made a political post ( pro-turkish ) and XENMIA never complained about them.
I wouldn't call 1 hour 20 mins that brief to be honest....Our flight ended up just under 7 hours long.......It's a shame you can't fly direct to the beautiful Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus....Why would anyone want to go to the scruffy south........TURKEYE.........
as a fan of turkey i would like to holiday in north cyprus in 2007

a couple of things i would like to know

are the resorts hilly or flatish, are there any sandy beaches,

so if any one can reccomend a good resort it will be apreciated

ian
I went to Kyrenia and loved it...It's Turkey but you don't get the hassle and can shop without mither......Food was good with Turkish cuisine(obviously)and Cypriot dishes also on the menus...They drive on the left which is good if you want to hire a car to explore...
went to Famagusta for the day and thought that was nice aswell(Kyrenia is more picturesque and although not flat,certainly isn't hilly in the centre)...Also went to lefkosa(Nicosia)and loved the Turkish side,and hated the Greek side(all Starbucks,MacDonalds,Marks etc etc)
Famagusta seemed to be flat but I'd choose Kyrenia myself as i thought it was lovely.....The beaches(sand)are out of the resort but easily accessible by Dolmus(10/15 min Trip)
Hi we stayed at the denizkizi royal in august 2004 and the beach there is lovely.The sea is warm and full of little fish that nibble at your legs...wasnt too keen on that. We found it to be one of the most unspoilt places ever and felt it was like stepping back in time. We had to fly into Turkey first and I wasnt very keen on that...it made the flight about 6 hours.So last two years we have holidayed in Turkey amongst other places.Next year we have booked the almond village after reading all their brilliant reviews on numerous sites...they are near where we stayed before.Have booked flights from Bournemouth airport to Larnaca and the almond village have arranged transfers for us.More expensive than gatwick but I am now finding it a nightmare...getting there with the traffic and then the general cattle market feel of it..ugh.Our flights are sundays during the day and about £250 each.If you want sun and sea,friendly people and a relaxing time then its a fantastic place to go!
planning to go 21 november small place near kyrenia near sea.
What wil the weather and waht sort of temperatures can we expect there.
thank you.
Having done a day trip to famagusta, I loved the north of Cyprus and felt I was missing out on something.

I'd make the effort to get there, the countryside and 'retention' of local character impressed me.

Something to consider for next year...

choices choices.
Looks from the comments as if we should be looking at going to the North. We stayed near Latchi (south) at the end of October and loved it but would like to see another part of the island as well.
Just not sure which are the best tour operators to look at or is it better to go independently?
I had heard that it was now possible to fly into Larnaca, then transfer to Northern Cyprus without the need for landing in Turkey and would only want to look at doing it this way.
PJ
For the last couple of years we have flown into Larnaca and travelled accross to the North. Not only is it more convenient for us with a small daughter but also works out a lot cheaper, although if prices came down we woulod fly into Ercan purely to support the North. We booked flights back in September for travel in July 2007 and flying Heathrow to Larnaca with BA managed to get flights at £80 per person per flight which I thought was a bargain! We also book accommodation directly with the hotel and they also arrange the transfers from and to Larnaca. All in all we have managed to save approximately £800 off the brochure price. However if you are booking through a tour operator I would reccomend Cyprus Paradise. We booked with them for 3 years and have had no problems. Their reps turn up on time and are helpful but not pushy.
Thank you for the advice I will have a look at going independently. Especially if the hotel can arrange transfers, that would be easier. Which hotel did you stay at and would you recommend it?
PJ
Hi PJ, we have stayed at the Altinkaya Holiday Complex and would thoroughly recommend it. They have either the main hotel or appartments which are more suitable for families although quite basic. Having stayed in both the hotel and the bungalows we now ask for a bungalow as although you don't have the luxury of the hotel you are able to bring your own food into the bungalows and lets face it who does much more than sleeep in their accomodation! The pools are clean with plenty of sunbeds and parasols. Even when the hotel is fully booked it never gives that impression and the pools never seem crowded. The altinkaya is situated between Kyrenia and Bellapais. Their is a courtesy bus which runs into Kyrenia four times a day and Kyrenia is easily walked to (out three year old managed it). Their website is http://www.altinkaya-cyprus.com and would reccomend you e-mail Sandra for prices. Hope this helps
hi.me and my husband moving north cyprus next year. we like to take our car and motorbike with us can anyone advice us what is the restiction
thankyou from alvon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.