Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
williamrobb88,

Your flights with Bmi to LHR and return, there won't be any need for a headset becaue they don't provided IFE. Everything is complimentory on your Virgin flights (click here). You should be able to use the headset(s) from your outbound flight for all of your others. I normally take my own full sized head sets for long flights, I find them more comfortable and they provide better sound (and some noise cancelling). All you need to use your own is a twin 3.5mm mono - 3.5mm stereo adaptor, it cost me £1 from a local electronics shop.

Darren
Please note though that Virgin does make an attempt to collect the headsets before the end of the flight.

Not too sure whether you HAVE to hand them in or not :?

If you do, you won't have a headset for the internal US flights.

Mark :D
Cheeky things! They didn't last time I flew with them (admittidly a few years ago now). I still have them somwhere! Even Air France don't collect them and they are meanies compared to VS. Saying that, VS headphones are better quality. Air Mauritius collect them before landing but will let you keep them for onward flights, it's not mandatory.

Just get yourself an adapter and take your own, problem solved then!

Darren
These replies are exactly what I wanted. So I take it that they are just a normal jack socket eh?

Thanks guys.

PS, while we're on the subject of stuff like this, is there anything else you can think of that may be an advantage?

Thanks again.
Don't forget a plug adapter for the US - two flat plates ..... but then I'm sure you already knew that!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.