Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
hi, only been to Venice in June and got badly bitten by mossies. Never, ever bothered by them before :( Must admit, that I took mossie repellant with me but didn't use it, ( 'cos i'd never been bitten before :roll: )so it was my fault - will make sure that I use in future. :roll:

Elaine xx
Hi Elainem, thanks for reply.

There is a lack of information regarding the Adriatic Coast in comparison to other areas of central Europe that are reported on this forum. I thought that there would be plenty of information available from people who have travelled to this area.

Is Italy way down on the list of countries visited by tourist from the UK? Certainly expect France and Spain to have the bulk of the trade.

Do the Italians not want British tourists or are they looking to America for trade? :shock:
Not to worry in the summer in the Abruzzo Region and below.
All countries have their preferred places in holiday destinations such as Italy, especially on the Adriatic coast!

The Alsacians (people from Alsace) go to Bellaria, the Germans to Rimini and the English traditionally went to Cattolica and Pescara! However, the English seem to have moved on to hotter and more exotic destinations and there are many fewer hotels offered by the major UK tour companies to the Adriatic coast - some have increased their coverage of Sorrento and neighbouring areas, the northern lakes (Garda) and the area around Venice (Lido di Jesolo).

It's all a matter of taste, fashion and marketing!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.