Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
hiya, right first thing to do is keep on their back or go into the travel agent u booked withs customer service department and make them keep on there back, you will definetly be rellocated unless its a natural disaster that has happened and the hotel has been affected, the fact they still have your money and havent offered you vouchers is a good sign because they obvously are trying to relocate you. Put it this way they dont want to lose out on the money they get from you or to lose business from you. but best thing is to get on the phone NOW!!! I hope this has helped
It is probably taking extra time to find a suitable alternative due to the Easter holidays. I'm sure they are working on it...
Yesterday when I phoned I was told it would be beaches boscobel. They told me someone would phone today to discuss details. Heard nothing. When I rang today they told me they have found no accomodation and whoever told me that yesterday was mistaken! I've shown the brochures to the kids and they are going to be gutted, how long am I expected to wait? We go next week and I have had the most awful week worrying. No one seems to know anything, I'd rather not have known anything than be emailed Monday to tell me the accomodation had fallen through and they were looking into alternatives.
when was it they told you about the change, personally i would go in to the travel agent and refuse to move until its sorted and they fax confirmation through (dont get high rate i know its hard but they will probably try to help you more if you are calm) explain to the you are worried because its easter also this is causing you stress and the children are upset as you have packed but might not be going anywhere
virgin are a good company im sure you will be fine alternativley phone virgin and ask to speak to a supervisor in charge and explain all the above ive mentioned, also as its coming close to the weekend tell them you want to sort everything out by close of business Tomorrow as admin departments dont normally work overa weekend

good luck

courtney jade
Thanks for your advice. I booked directly so everytime I phone nobody seems to know. It was yesterday when I phoned and demanded to speak with a manager that the call assistant told me we were going to beaches, she was gone a while, so where did she get this info? They tell me they can't tell me because they are waiting to hear from their reps in Jamaica, I'm sure this is the case but am more annoyed with the info I got yesterday because I've now researched the hotel and it looks lovely. Now I find everything is up in the air again. I'm so frustrated.
try and call them again and explain that you have been patient enough and your getting very frustrated in the fact that no one knows whats going on, and you dont even know if you are having a holiday, tell them that you will only speak to a manager and will not end this call until they can re assure you something is being done as quickly as possible, ask them to keep in contact with you so you know whats going on,
like i said early it can be hard to stay calm especially when this is happening but you dont want to give them any excuse to hang up on you which they will do if you get angry
Have tried to speak to manager, said he'd ring back, he didn't. Rang back to ask for a refund, they said we couldn't have one as they are still trying to find alternative accomodation. Might know by end of weekend. I imagine they are waiting for cancellations. In the meantime I can't book anything else. I wanted to sort out summer clothes at weekend but don't see the point if we're not going anywhere!!
Maybe time to give Ros Fernihough a ring tomorrow on 01922 621114 for free legal advice before the weekend comes around.
probably would be a good idea to seak legal advise, because off the change you should have a refund, also you should get compansation, please bare in mind most admin and customer services dont work over a weekend, i would call the manager back tomorrow, tell him you know hes a busy person but if he tells you hes going to call you, you expect him to call
what date are you suppost to be travelling on? how many nights? how many adults children
hi

ive had a similar thing happen to me going on holiday on tues and they cancelled my hotel and changed me to another im not happy with, as time is short ive accepted under protest so if there is a problem with the hotel i have some come back, i spoke to ros about my problem and she told me they cant keep your money by law they have to offer you a complete refund as they have broken the package regulations thats assuming they booked your flights too, my travel agents have refused to refund and im going to have a battle on my hands when i get back if all isnt well, speak to ros they are very helpful and im sure she will give you good advise,
Thanks for all your advice. Have been advised that I am entitled to a refund and don't have to accept what they offer me. We were supposed to go 27th Mch to Jamaica for 13 nights,2 ad & 2 ch. Will give them 24 hours, and if I don't hear will book somewhere else and demand my money back. Silly thing is, I received all my tickets today, talk about adding insult to injury, could just get on the plane and plead ignorance in Jamaica. Thanks again for taking the trouble to respond
Rachael
where were you supposed to be staying, have you heard from virgin yet, as an ex travel agent and i have worrked in thr resorts and sometimes it is dificult becase they are waiting to for an anser from the hotels but thy should not have said anything untll thy had the alternative, be calm with them and ask to speak to the supervisor. If you know he ame of the person who told you it would be beaches use it to explain this person told me it would be this. They are in the wrong in the way thy have handled the situation and are not being very proffessional.
good luck and my thoughts are with you that they can sort this out for you soon,
Hi there, we were supposed to be staying at the Jamaica grande. I did get the name of the person that told me where we had been reallocated to Beaches, when I explained this to a supervisor I was told " well I'm sorry you were given that incorrect info". I haven't once lost my temper with them as I don't think it gets you anywhere, I'm just frustrated with the situation and incorrect info. They sent me an email Monday to tell me the hotel was shut and were looking at alternatives. Not once have they phoned me, I have called them every time. 0870 number for at least 2 and a half hours this week! Their main offices are up the road and I'm considering driving up there next week if I don't hear. Do you think they are waiting for cancellations and if so what is the likelyhood of any coming to fruition?
Thanks for all your help Rachael
Accommodation availability will be at a premium over the Easter holidays which is why I suspect they are taking a little longer to secure a suitable alternative for your party.

I believe that some rooms have been found at a Sandals property - but the problem for your party and perhaps others with children is that Sandals only accept adult only reservations.

I can understand the frustration - but I can not see the point as some suggest, of demanding this and that and making camp in a travel agent until the matter is sorted. I think it will be a case of allowing the tour operator to try and find the best possible option as an alternative - which I'm sure they will be trying to do. As Ros said, you can of course always have a refund - but that will probably not help you in the long run if your family is looking forward to an Easter break as availability will now be limited.
they would not be waiting for cancellations but they would have put request through to other hotels, for extra rooms which then they have to wait for the hotels to reply which is frustrating, i am sure they will find an alternative soon. sandals and beaches are the same company, sandals are adult only and beaches family. both extremely nice and ultra all inclusive so much better al inclusve than normal hotels. my personal opioin is if they do offer you beaches then you will be much better off than you origionally were. Keep me informed and if i can help anymore i will.
how about trying a slightly different tactick, ask for the manager in charge, then before you say anything else explain that the call is being recorded to support evidence when you go for legal action and to holiday watchdog, hopefully it might get them to chase up requested hotels in jamaica

i know with previous holidays when you request out to resort for alternative accommodation this can take about 48 hours, mon - fri
and with it being easter this is probably taking a bit longer

as for cancellations ive just through our viewdata system the only accommodation virging has left for theese dates are sandals dunns river, sandals royal carribbean and couples ocho rios resort, maybe you could also mention this, i know at least 2 of thoose are adults only
but it wont hurt to try

good luck

courtney jade
i agree with wht courtney jade has told you but because i work in a resort office doing reservations, i do know that yes normally it takes 48 hours but if the hotels are not replying because they are busy which in jamaca they will be know then it can take longer. hang in there virgin a good company and will resolve it. they will be as upset and stressed about it as you but they just dont tell you cause its not very proffesional to.
also remember the time difference that 5 hours can add a day or so when trying to resolve stuff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.