Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi Gypsy,How wonderful to get married in such a magical place!Whilst in Kenya some years ago, a couple staying at our hotel got married there.They got married in the gardens,with decorated arch etc and flowers galore! It was lovely,they then went on an evening cruise.No doubt every place has different locations but if it was me,i'd plump for the safari!It is so magical!My daughter is getting married in Cyprus next year and we are so excited!Good luck with the planning and would love to hear what your daughter decides!
Best wishes
Sue :pele
hi, an evening cruise sounds lovely, very romantic. i'm sure they'll go for the safari, just where to go though. they're also having a hindu wedding as well before they go ( although its not a legal marriage ) as they're a mixed culture couple. we won't beable to go to the african wedding, but we're looking forward to experiencing the hindu wedding. i hope your family have a wonderful wedding in cyprus next year. i'll post what she decides. ceri :) :)
I'd go for Kenya...but then again I would, wouldn't I :lol: .....we leave 6 weeks today to get married in Kenya!! :love One of the nice things about choosing Kenya is the diverse range of options you get - staying where we are, we can get married on the beach, in a treehouse in the Shimba Hills or on safari. At the moment we've booked the beach wedding and spending wedding night in the treehouse and honeymoon on safari but may well change this when we get there and get married in the treehouse (we want something very private). Will post a review as soon as we get back!
It might be worth you contacting Amul, the manager at the Kilifi Bay Beach resort , i believe he's a hindu. My friend got married there a couple of years ago, and ive been there myself last year, a mix of african, traditional western, and hindu would be a challenge! The mada hotels website should be able to give you contact details for the hotel.

http://www.madahotels.com

Hope this helps!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
hi to all that replied to me, i'm so sorry i forgot to say thank you to you all, my daughter decided to have a hindu wedding at very short notice--just six weeks, in a temple in watford, it was yesterday and it was fabulous, however they are still not legally married and are still planning on going to africa to do the civil ceremony. so thanks again for info and sorry--didn't mean to be rude. ceri :)
Hi there Ceri,Please send my congratulations to your daughter for yesterday and glad you had a lovely time!

Let us know when the african trip is finalised-would love to hear where she gets married!!

Bye

Sue :pele
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.