Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Advice on Zante
8 Posts
hi becki welcome to HT have you read the members resort reports yet??

wizard
Tsilivi is brilliant we are going back there in May this year went in 2005 and really enjoyed it and Zante is a wonderful Island :D
Hi Becki85star....

Zakfari is a good starter for newbies to Zante..

Probably the most expensive one day tour of the island available @ €50 ( £35 ) per adult :shock: But, the best way to get around the island and see places you might not ever get to see even if you spent a month on the island in a pair of hiking boots..

http://www.tsilivi-travel.gr/zakynthos.zante.zakfari.jeep.php

I wish i'd found it on my 1st trip to Zante as it's a brilliant day out and gives a good grounding for traveling around on your own in a car afterwards..

Two good zante forums with plenty of helpful members are below for further browsing.

http://www.zante.me.uk/forum/index.php

http://www.zanteweb.gr/zante-forums/

paul.
Hi Becki

We haven't been to Zante before, but just this minute finished booking a week staying in Tsilivi in May 2007. From the reviews on here, sounds like a really good resort to be staying. We have booked a villa through James Villas.

I have pre-booked the car hire with easycar.com. They act as a booking agency for the car hire, and before booking I asked them who the car hire supplier would be .......... its Hertz. Booking with Hertz direct was £80 more expensive for a week. (also I work for a major airline, and even with our Travel Industry discount £50 more expensive)

Any recommendations of restaurants etc would be appreciated

Steve
Hi, I'm sure you'll both love Tsilivi. Zakynthos is a lovely island, with beautiful scenery, food and the friendliest people. The Phoenix Beach is in a great location, right on the Tsilivi beach. They have a lovely beach bar. A short stroll up the road brings you into the centre of Tsilivi, and the main road, that takes you to the Planos area, which has lots of bars & restaurants too. We never had a bad meal out in 2 weeks. I can't remember the names of all the restaurants :oops: but one my husband still talks about is "Stamnes" which is in the Planos area, very near Kaliva Bar. My fav was probably "Koukos", on the road leading from the centre, to Planos. We had a lovely lunch in "Moby Dick's" which is by the beach. "Manos Grill" has a very good reputation, but was alway full, so we never got there. "Romino's" was also lovely. Nice pizza's/pasta & mexican dishes, as was "Romeo & Juliet" (although it was a bit pricey in comparison to other restaurants).

There's plenty of life in Tsilivi in the evenings, without being ott. It's a friendly relaxed resort. We enjoyed "Traffic", "Utopia", "Level Bar" and "Kaliva", but there are a lot more that we never got to :lol:

A trip Bochali is a nice way to spend an hour or so. Fantastic views over Zakynthos Town and the harbour. Very pretty.

We also visited Vasillikos, which was stunning. We had a lovely lunch in a restaurant overlooking the sea. Beautiful.

Levante Speedboat trip is also supposed to be a great 1/2 day tour. They take bookings around 1.30 from the beach for the following mornings trip. We are sorry that we never did it :oops: As Paul said too, Zakfari is meant to be great.

Another website I found very helpful was http://www.justzante.co.uk

I have no doubt you will love Zakynthos. We did, and hope to return soon (although we are trying Corfu out this year).

HTH
Hi There,
i stayed in the Phoenix beach in Sep 2005, the hotel is nice, spotless. I was not keen on the resort but that is only my opinion. The first time we went on the beach i was very dissapointed, it was very pebbly, i saw some glass one day and empty plastic cartons on it. I went to Kafelonia in August 2006 and i could not believe the difference in the two islands, to say they are so close. The beach in Lassi is on a completely different class to Tsilivi, and the island overall is lovely. People have had a go at me before about the airport in Zante saying they are all bad in greece, the fact is Zante is shocking and for those of you who are going this year you will see for yourselves, it took us 3 hours to check in on the way home i kid you not. We are all different what suits one doesnt suit another but this is my personal view.
the airport in Zante is awful, but I wouldn't let it put you off going. We are going back again even though the airport is awful :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.