Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
The public have to become more aware of everything they are booking.

Your final comment shown above really sums it all up. I have said before on HT that many of the complaints are the result of people only reading the headline. The old saying "You don't get ow't for now't" really is true. In many cases it is obvious that people have been seduced by the pretty pictures

Yes we all like a bargain, and there are plenty out there. But if people would only read the small print first life would be so much easier.

There is of course a very simple way to resolve things.

One body charged with policing the industry and overseeing customer rights.

No company allowed to sell/provide holidays without being an approved member of such body.

All vendors to be fully bonded in case of failure. The idea we should be taking out additional insurance to cover such events is ludicrous.

A ban on confusing small print that when things do go wrong the customer is not left stranded without redress, or required to jump through hoops to get a satisfactory settlement.

If a company cannot trade without stating in Plain English what they will provide and what rights you have then how can we anyone be expected to trust them?

From the other side customers also need to accept responsibility for their own actions. Not every complaint is justified and the compensation culture really does need to be brought under control.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.