Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Can you post Correct name and Address of this company?

It is possible to check the financial status of the company via Creditgate or Companies House.

There are several firms that trade under that name.

fwh
Company is Ezy Travel Ltd
16-18 woodford Road
London
E7 0HA

I think I have seen another address for them though actually.

I'm now suspecting that they may operate in a similar fashion to those 'Firstcall' people, ie take money first and make bookins later. This is no good for me as this was supposed to be a relaxing honeymoon - talk about stress!

cheers
Their internet site lists another postal adress

Ezy Travel Ltd
City Gate House

246 - 250 Romford Road

London

E7 9HZ
A check with Companies House and Creditgate show nothing adverse. Accounts have been filed upto date.

Perhaps a call to your local Trading Standards and the press - or a threat to Ezy that you are going to do so may move them.

fwh
Yes, accounts look ok.

I've called them again now to be told that the 'supervisor' is due in the office at 4pm and that they will ask him to call me.

I'm hoping that they will concede and allow a full refund.

If not I will have to pursue trading standards etc. Would it be my local trading standards office are the office local to the travel agent themselves?

I'm in the process of trying to speak to my credit card company to enquire as to whether I can try to reclaim funds through them - I've no idea of what conditions apply to that sort of thing.

thanks
Contact you local TR office first. They can advise what you should do. They can pass it onto the office responsible if needed.

You could also contact ATOL

If you have paid by credit card then should the unforseen happen you are covered. Have a look at the link below - You should never pay by cash, cheque or debit card as they do not give the protection.

With luck you should get it sorted. Please keep us upto date - others may be able to help.

fwh
Forgot to put in the link - It's an age thing.

fwh

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=68836
Thanks for your help so far.

I only thought that ATOL would help transport stranded travellers etc in the event of company bankruptcy etc???

I'll have a word with them once I've spoken to the agent again if needs be.
Travel agents can have their own ATOL licence in place and act as the tour operator putting together their own packages. This is perfectly legal and gets the client low prices (as if they were having a DIY hol) but with ATOL protection which protects the different elements of the package.

Not all agents are part of ABTA, but the vast majority are members of one of the different consortia if not ABTA. ABTA protection protects your money more than anything else.
Thanks for the comments.

The agent has agreed to pay a 'full refund' and has sent confirmation / a recipt of this. I'm now waiting for it to show on my credit card.

They have not refunded £15.56 worth of 'credit card charges' though. Is this standard practice or should I be expecting to have this back as well? Don't want to get on the phone to them if I should't be getting this back anyway!

regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.