General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I know in America its over 21years to drink in a public place...... :shock:
As for "European" holiday destinations, i would imagine it would be the same as England, 18 years and over, to drink in a public place, by law.
Obviously, some minors or parents may not take any notice of their law, and drink in public anyway. That would be upto them, but in my eyes, that would be breaking the law. Maybe if they were 16and having a meal with parents, say, they would be allowed a little wine. :)
http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html
Found this and there's a chart at the bottom.
I thought it was 16 in France & Spain, but wasn't sure!!
Some places it's 0!!!

Also I think these go out the window when drinking wine with a meal in a restaurant.
5 and up May consume alcohol at home with adult supervision.
Under 14's Can go into a pub with a children's certificate, but must be with an adult and stay in the garden or family room.
Under 16's Can go into a restaurant where alcohol is served and at licensee's discretion may consume (but not purchase) alcohol bought by a parent or guardian as long as it is with a meal.
16-17 May purchase beer, port, cider or perry in an eating area on licensed premises (in Scotland this applies to wine too) as long as it is with a meal.
Any age No person may buy or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor for consumption in a bar by a person under the age of 18. Maximum fine £1,000.

http://www.at-bristol.org.uk/alcoholandyou/Society/law.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.