I had a holiday for two weeks at the Alikes Hotel in May and I can thoroughly recommend it! The view was amazing - from the room you could only see the sea and the penninsula, you had to go right onto the balcony to see the road below. The hotel was spotless, you could have eaten your dinner off the tiled floor. Masses of fresh towels and the beds were changed every day! Large bedroom and a brand new kitchen area. The only thing I would mention is that the lighting was very dull - we bought a higher wattage bulb for the bedroom. Only a small hotel with 20 odd rooms (all self catering) the pool bar was a bit pricey but a nice location ( a bit windy if you are early in the season) the pool was fine for low season but I think it would be a bit crowded in high season - there was hardly any room to walk once the sun beds where laid out. There is a grassy sunbathing area in front of the hotel and a tiled rooftop area with sunbeds. About a 10/15 minute walk to the main square and harbour, but you could choose between walking on the beach side with lots of tavernas or the road with lots of little shops on the way. I can recommend Mamas House (the owner is a right character!) and the food is good and not expensive. All the places we went to were excellent . Elounda is beautiful - not a crane in sight (only the bird type!)
Would love to know if anyone else has stayed here - no one seems to have heard of it - we booked with First Choice and the brochure was accurate - except for the map reference which put us right on the edge of the harbour - wrong!!!

edit to remove bold SEE terms of posting

wizard