Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi and welcome to the Egpyt section of HT :)

Any A1 food is never perfect, and can be spicy or in a lot of hotels use sauces. Some hotels are now learning that our stomachs cannot cope with such richness so therefore they try their best to accommodate this.

Breakfast are usually eggs, anyway you like them, normally in some hotels they have a chef doing nice omlettes etc. Also cereals, fruit juices, yogurts, fried tomatoes, bacon, french toast, sausages, oodles of specialties breads, toast and jams, fruit etc.

Lunch and dinner, normally its a choice of pastas, chicken, beef, lamb that type of thing in some kind of sauce or off the bone, fish is really nice in Egypt, sometimes they have a night with that on. Rice and pasta and roast potatoes. Kids in some restaurants have their own section (I can only speak about Sonesta Beach as that is where i go to) where they have pizza and chips that kind of thing.

Some hotels depending where they are have more than one restaurant, so you can choose on a A1 basis.
If you had asked me two years ago,whether yah or nay for A1 i would have said go into Naama Bay or along the sea front as a lot of lovely restaurants are close vicinity. But food is getting more expensive and most of us have to budget. I still like to eat out on occasions, but the food is getting better, so its swings and roundabouts, your budget and what you want to do as your choice :cheers

Michelle x
My instinct is that if you go AI in Egypt dont go too cheap as the food will be where they will economise on.
I have gone AI but found I got bored with it and there were so many places in Naama Bay to eat out cheaply that although we were AI..we ate out too. Also, I was out diving during the day, so AI was not the best option for us..but I went with the Dive school and that was the deal we got. It was good for Gav though.

I agree with Doe though, if you go AI at the cheaper end of the scale, you will get exactly that..cheap food where they have cut corners on cost.
Hi Kat,

We have been to Egypt 4 timed (5th come next month) and have always booked 5 star all inclusive. One thing may be worth bearing in mind that what they class as being 5 star we would class as being 3/4 star here in the UK.

I can't comment on the Falcon Hills itself, but as it is classed as 3 star, I would expect too much in terms of food and choice (onlu my opinion) If money allows I would suggest looking at a higher grade of hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.