Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi the green nature is good food thats in Marmaris the Gran Pasa also in Marmaris

Sun Club City in Olu Deniz also serves good food
Club Belcekic Beach Hotel in Olu Deniz does good AI food.

Doe
I agree with doe, Belcekiz Beach does the best AI food I have ever had in Turkey or anywhere else.

It gets great reviews too, so im sure we are not the only ones who would recommend it. :cheers
Another vote for the Belcekiz, although food at the sun city was pretty good too. ;)
ive been to the marmaris palace next door not sure if they are sister hotels or not, but the food was terrible so avoid marmaris palace. the best all inc we have stayed in was letoonia in fethiye but the best food ive ever had was in lykia world thats full board + and it was fantastic
We found the food at Sun City ok but not a patch on the Titanic at Lara beach. The hotels at Lara beach are in a totally different league. The food was just fantastic.
We went to the Xanadu AI in belek and the food in all 6 resturants, 2 snack bars and coffe shop were first class. The table settings and service were no different than top london resturants i have eaten in.

Even the lunch time food was waiter service, and the coffee shop had 20 different types of coffee on the menu and many lovely pastries and cakes, all in chilled revolving cabinets, very classy.

:grin
You are all making me want to go to the Antalya area of Turkey next summer, with this talk of outstanding food and hotels. :tongue LOL.

Doe
As you can see Marmaris doesnt come out tops for all inclusive!,book self catering,they have some of the best restaurants I have eaten in along the sea front,not over the top prices,or maybe try another resort all inc,but it wont come cheap!!.Marmaris english breakfasts,from £1,4 course meals from about £8,that was last year,but excellent food,and nice to eat in a different restaurant of your choice!!.We go abroad 3or 4 times a year,the rest stay in 4star hotels on all inc or half board,and Marmaris is the best for food,we only book self catering here.
I agree totally we always go all inclusive no matter what country we visit.

Belek side of Turkey is the best for food we went to club asteria in belek it was fantastic. :cheers
we stayed at alinda in sept 2007 icmeler all inclusive
i can honestly say that was the worst mistake i ever made. :cry personally the price of good food in turkey is worth going self catering
then at least if you have a bad meal you just take your custom eslewhere,but when all inclusive you aint got that choice unless you pay again for your meals :que
Err. This was a post asked for recommendations for all inclusives.
The hotels in lara beach are quite simply superb for food and many also have international branded drink not just the local stuff. Barut lara, Delphin Palace, and Limak Lara are all great for food. No need to spend anything if you go to these ultra all-inclusives.Even have room service at the Delphin and Limak from midnight till early hours and 24 room service booking the suites at the barut lara which is the number one hotel for the Antalya region. Ice creams are included and many outlets for food. Roll on 11 weeks and we are off on holiday to be spoiled rotten at the barut lara!!!
We visited The Royal Garden Hotel in Marmaris (Armatulan area) and I can honestly say I wouldnt spend the money all inclusive ever again the food and alcohol were awful,water wasnt even included in our all inclusive though I made sure I made up for it with a massive consumption of coke & sprite for two weeks. :rofl
I think a lot of it is based on personal preference i.e. bring kids up on junk food they become used to it...and wont touch traditional home cooking, weve been to all inclusives that have had mixed food reviews from brilliant to poor and really do believe it all depends on what your expecting...remeber this is Turkey and so we really should expect something different and mabe even Turkish....remember Shirley Valentine " If Greece was more like Spain then it would be great" well I think that just about sums it up, we like to taste the traditional Turkish foods and do not expect two weeks of Burgers and chips....I suppose the exception to what I am babbling on about is two weeks of poorly cooked anything, which I have to say I havent experienced yet.
blue-moon wrote:
" If Greece was more like Spain then it would be great"

If TURKEY ever gets to be like Spain, then I will not go again. - not that I think it will.

We are going AI to Side in 16 days time.

Marn.
Can't agree more, thats exactly why I have changed in recent years to Turkey...just sick of the lack of attention and personal touch from Spanish waiters. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.