General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
There are some all inclusive places in menorca, but personally i would say that the apartments complexes are more the norm. The restaurant prices are very reasonable, and there should be a lot for you to do with a 15 year old in either cala n bosch or cala n forcat - bosch is my personal favourite. The difference mainly is the price, and you can pick up a good s/c hol for a fraction of the price of an all inclusive one, and have the option of eating where and when you want. The only way you could make your money back is if you drink a lot - then i would say all inclusive is the way to go. Cosmos usually have some great late deals, if you check out their website you can get some discounts for booking online.

Have a great time!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Hi Caloleb,

I think going all inclusive is alot cheaper than going self catering.We went to ciutadella last year in the hotel esmeralda and we paid £1800 for 2 weeks for 2 adults and 2 kids in june.If we had gone self catering we would have had to pay at least this amount because of paying extra for under occupancy.Then all your drinks and food are on top.If we had eaten out every night we would have spent around £2000 on top of our holiday price.I know when we went half board we spent £700 just on drinks and ice creams for 2 weeks!! I know that tere is a nice all inclusive hotel in calan bosch which might be a bit livelier for a kid of 15,but we loved ciutadalla and are going back this year,just in time for the fiesta sant juan

Nicole
i have stayed at the hotel esmerelda in cuitadella, on a lucky upgrade from menorca airport which cost me 140 euros between me and my daughter which was the only way i was going all inclusive there. £2000 on top of your holiday cost?? that seems a bit steep! It cost us one of the times weve been, £700 for four people self catering in the july school hols and i think we did about £500 spends and that was for 3 adults and a child, eating out every night, and we did a hell of a lot on that holiday!

its always worth looking for a good deal on the initial holiday first and weighing up the pro's and con's of all inclusive V self catering. Take into consideration how much alcohol you drink ..... thats where the hidden costs lie. If youre a big drinker then its worth your while going all inc, if not dont bother. £2-£3 drink several times a night can add up. Also, remember youre restricted to what you can drink on the all inclusive packages... usually local drinks and some of which are not too nice.

Thanks for the advice.

Nicole, do you know the name of the all-inclusive hotel in Calan Bosch that you mentioned :?:

:thanks Carol
Hi Carol

The Hotel is Hotel Cala'n' Bosch, situated on the beach and next to the marina. I am sure you will love this hotel.

Hope you enjoy

Dawn
Thanks Dawn, I'll check it out.

Carol :wink:
Well I have done all-inclusive and self catering holidays, I have to say I would not do an all-inlcusive again, I have found the standard of the hotels and the quality of the food not that good, (only ever done self-catering in Menorica).

I cannot understand how you spent £2k on food what on earth were you eating?

Our last holiday was a week in Aug which cost £700.00 for three, I think we only spent an extra £300.00 eating and drinking, we eat out every night at good restaurants, for lunch we would sometimes have a hot dog or if we were at the hotel which had a shop over the road we would make lunch and have it on the patio with our friends we were with, it was just like the Olivio advert all gathered around a large table under the trees with fresh bread good wine loads of salad, now I wish I was right there now.

We did notice that the Spar shops did have English packed food, which was sometimes three times more expensive, if you were careful and spent time you could pick up the same item a lot cheaper.
Hi ya as a family we went to Hotel Caln bosh about 5 years ago and it was brill, My kids were only young then 3 and 5 but there were older kids there. The food i found to be good ,eaten so much first week never had evening meal second week, Don't know if it still the same but they did snack,s right up to midnight . Which was great when you had, had a drink.
Drinks we found wern't as strong. we didn't drink too much with having young children but i can remember 2-3 family's had a good drink ever night but never seemed to look drunk . :D :D :D
When i say we would spend £2000, i meant on food and drink and ice creams ect.This is only an estimation because the last time we went self catering was 11 years ago and the two of us spent £900 in total for 2 weeks.We went all inclusive last year but the year before that we went half board.The ice creams were about 2.5 euros each and my 2 kids were having 2 or 3 of these a day(well they were on holiday) and cokes for the kids were £1 a time,and when you are watching the hotel entertainment you cant bring your own drinks.A bottle of wine in the hotel restaurant was £10, so thats £140 just on wine with dinner and then theres the mineral water with dinner.You can see how it all adds up.We arent alcoholics but on holiday people do have a drink throughout the night.I found eating out in spain is about the same price as eating out in England .Ithink prices have definetly gone up since spain joined the euro

Nicole
When all the resorts are derelict and run down because the businesses have gone bust as a result of All Inclusive holidays were will there be to go?
Hi i'm looking for an all inclusive deal for my family 2 adults, 2 boys, 15 and 11. They do enjoy sports etc and i was looking at the hotel hotetur cala'n blanes, only probs is it doesn't appear to have any football/basketball etc. I've looked in the hotel reviews and it does appear to have quite good ratings, except for the evening entertainment seeming alittle repetative. Does anyone know anyother good reasonably priced all inclusive hotel as we too would spend a fortune.
Thanks
Hi,
My wife and I are going to an all-inclusive hotel in s'algar called Club San Luis which has had good reviews on this site. I believe they cater for numerous sports.
One drawback of the resort is that there is no beach - but a minibus runs to Punta Prima which has a nice beach and there is a small beach in Alcafaur - I think about 15-minute walk.
I believe that all-inclusive in this area allows you to eat at different restaurants in s'algar. I will post review after holiday.
For information try http://www.salgarhotels.com
It may be a little dearer than elsewhere - but we visited friends there three years ago and found the resort clean and tidy and the hotel very nice.
Personally, I wouldnt do AI, unless you start drinking in the morning through to the evening and the children eat loads of ice creams.

We done one in Cyprus a few years ago, and unless you totally gorge yourself you dont get your moneys worth. Its just an excuse to have it because you have paid for it.

I came back 1/2 stone heavier and thought that I had been good!!!!
Presume you've seen the reviews

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/cala-n-bosch/hi-cala-n-bosch-hotel/

Haven't stayed there but have stayed in Calan Bosch. Hotel is in a great location by the beach & marina. But CB has so many restaurants you may be tempted to eat out which defeats the object of AI!

Personal opininion - if AI spreads in somewhere like CB the restaurants will start to close & the resort would lose its appeal.
My sentiments exactly!

AI is good when youre in a resort which consists of mainly large hotesl, but in cala n bosch it just doesnt seem to work, there are too many nice restaurants like you said, and friendly bars to laze away your evenings rather than staying put in one hotel - when the rest of the world is out having fun around the marina!!

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.