Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Well I'm back from Thailand found out for myself! Yes this trip can be done from Koh Phangan :D ...can be booked with any of the travel agencies a day in advance..Ang Thong is a really beautiful place if anyone is interested..
yes please
the next time we stay in KS we may well give it a go.
What did you think of Koh Phangan?
Koh Phangan was wild..the o/h and I visited to experience their infamous full moon party and what an experience it was..its the place to be if hard partying is on your menu. Even tough we're 29 we felt like the grandfolks at the resort we were at - Had Rin.
But dont let that take anything away, it is a beautiful island with loads of other quieter beaches which was more our scene. Other activities include trekking, snorkling, cooking classes, boat trips..all good fun. The island does look like its gearing up to accomodate more package tourists and family's with many sophisticated resorts already up and running - much to the dismay of the travellers and "neo" hippies who held it as their mecca since the late 80's.

Ang Thong day trip cost us 1600 baht per head that included taxi from our resort to the pier, boat ride to Ang Thong (via Koh Samui to pick up more day trippers) , snack, lunch, beer and soft drinks, and the use of snorkelling equipment. Not included is the entrance to the park which was 250 baht. The park is series of 42 islands, how breathtaking it is i cannot describe. Definately worth a day trip

Cheers.
well we would be ancient :lol: I had heard the island was worth at least a day visit. Just wasn't too sure how different it was from KS.
I must give the park a visit- its been a while since I've been snorkelling. I did hear though that some folks are disappointed with what they see snorkelling?
to be honest, we were'nt too kicked about the snorkelling in Koh Phangan, but the national park was pretty good in our opinion..however there were poeple in our group who have snorkelled in the Andamans and found Ang Thong just ok in comparison..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.