Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.

if you are going to fire mountain in a car just a little warning .we went on a tour bus and the rep a driver was takeing down number plates of cars what have stoped to take photos of the entrance of fire mountain you get fined £200 there are plan clothes officers in cars and walking around and your not aloud to pick or sit on the rocks

Hello.

I can understand a fine for people pinching the rocks, but are you sure they fine you for taking pictures of the entrance? I would have thought all the tourists must go around taking pictures inside?

Cheers.
Hi, we went to Lanzarote last October and hired a car, which I wasnt keen about at all at first. However there are only two main roads on the island and it is very easy to navigate. We drove around the whole island south-north and east to west in a day. It was brilliant being able to stop whenever we wanted and not to get caught up in crowds. I would definately recommend the volcano it is an amazing landscape up there.
The only problem you may have is with roundabouts because obviously you go around them the opposite way and this did confuse me a bit at first but you soon get used to it.
your not allowed to stop on the road to take photos because its no stopping and you will get fined linda our tour op she was wrighting number plates down so when she got to the camels rides she handed them in and there is plan clothes park wardens ive got 3 kids i was panicking incase they picked up a rock :?
Hi

Im going to costa Teguise next month and would really like to go to "Fire Mountain". We're staying at our parents apartments so there will be no tour operators and i don't fancy driving. Are there any tour guides in Costa Teguise that do the trips?
hi me and my girlfriend have just come back from lanzarote and we stayed in costa teguise we did the fire mountain excursion last sunday with my travel and we were really disappointed,when we went to the rep meeting she explained to us what fire mountain was and what we'd be doing,she also said in a way that when we stopped for food that it would be the restaraunt at the top of fire mountain would be the one we used but she didnt say it exactly but explained it in a way which led us to believe this instead we ended up crammed together with about seventy other people in a big room with a buffet which was horrible i was quite dissapointed as this was for me on of the highlight of going to have food where it had been cooked from the natural heat of the ground. We got picked up at 8.30 am and got dropped off at 5pm in that space of time we spent 15 minutes in a gift shop for the olive stone you can get,15 mins stop at the green lagoon,15 min stop at fire mountain for the experiments anda final stop of 15 mins at the vine yard where we sampled some locally produced wine. All in all the amount of time we spent crammed up on the coach was horribble i certainly would not recommend doing this by coach and if you do i would definately not take young children as they will get very bosrd due to the amount of time you'll spend on the coach!
Did you not get the 45 minute tour round the Fire Mountains on the coach as well, or the camel ride? Was it the "official" tour you took? I am sorry you didn't enjoy it, I have to say in all my years as a tour rep, I have never had anyone disappointed in the South Tour :( I must say it is naughty if the tour rep intimated that you would eat at the restaurant actually in the Fire Mountains. This is only possible if you do DIY, or book the Vulcan Night tour.

Claudia, you can book any trips you like with any hotel or agency you want to, they will be glad to take your booking :lol: :wink:
gazgooner

Your report of your day trip is one reason we gave up doing organised tours 20 odd years ago. We always hire a car and do it ourselves, that way you are not rushed and can spend as much/little time in one place as you want, eat where you want and get back to your appartment/hotel what time you want.

Better luck next time.

Regards Jackie
hi we went in july if you go by car you will be in long traffic jams if you book through a tour op on a coach you jump the traffic they get priority and you go through the lava cars are not allowed down there we went with last minute for 3 adults and 2 kids it cost 100 euros we took the south tour witch included the meal but i have to say that the meal was not nice at all. it is a bit rushed because there a lot of people who go theres only parking for about 15 cars buses get 15 mins cars get less for watching the demoes
I agree with you marsh, during the busy months there are queues of cars waiting to get into the National Park. However, there is a lot of parking for cars once they let you in. There is then no restriction on how long you can stay in the Park watching the demonstrations. Also your entrance ticket entitles you to get on one of the Park buses which will then take you around the lava fields. The park attendants will try and hussle you onto the buses, but you are at liberty to choose when you actually want to take that trip. When I take friends we stay and watch the demonstrations a few times, then wait for an empty bus, so we can choose our seats :D
can anybody recommend a reputable operator to book the fire mountain with or should i book it through my travel rep? i wont have a car so i will ahve to pay for the full package

Thanks Emma x
Lutons Travel are good CLICK HERE. We used them for a couple of trips and they were excellent value for money, cheaper than the reps at the hotel and just as informative and interesting. You will find Lutons Travel leaflets around the resort (usually under rocks) or there may be some in your hotel reception. Your hotel reception should be able to book the trips for you if you can't find a tour agent in resort.
Couldn't agree with you more Cyberspace we did the trip with Luton for half the price of the tour operators one after we had been left without transport on the morning it was supposed to take place. Albeit we had to wait for two days before we could go but it was worth every penny of the €49 price. This included going to the camels and the tour round fire mountain, El Golfo, Jameos del Agua and the view point for the Isla Graciosa.
Than you will keep me eye out for this company.
We have just come back from Playa Blanca and we went on a trip to the fire mountains. We went with last minute travel, a travel agents based in Playa Blanca. Think we paid around 30 euros each for a short south tour which took us around the fire mountains and the free wine tasting. Found this to be good value compared to the tour operators prices. A word of warning though, take a sick bag with you as our 3 year old daughter who is never normally travel sick, threw up on the lava field tour as it is a bendy road.
I also done this trip on Tuesday the Short South Tour was excellent, definately worth going. I have some fantatsic photos and video footage of the mountains
Does anyone know if you have to pay entrance to Timanfaya if you only want to eat at the restaurant ?
We've already done the tour and wouldn't want to do it again (I needed Valium after the last time :yikes ) but we didn't eat there the last time as it was too busy.
No you can skip paying and go straight on to the visitors centre
You still have to pay the entrance fee, even if you just want to eat at the restaurant I'm afraid. :(
Hi there!
we're for Lanzarote for the 1st time at Easter :tup and wondering about the guided walks in timanfaya Park. Apparently only 7 people at a time are allowed. I quite fancy doing one.
Has anyone been on one? And if so how strenuous are they?
We'll def do the bus tour anyway and if anyone has any info on that, I'd appreciate that too,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.