Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
PAD protestors have now completely brought the airport to a standstill a spokesman of the People's Alliance for Democracy has said today that the protesters would occupy and shut down the Suvanarbhumi International Airport until Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat resigns.

This could be something that will drag on for a while and cause chaos with travelling to Bangkok and Thailand.

Wish I'd gone back to Goa now. :( :duh
Hopefully it will pass like the Phuket airport invasion earlier in the year. Why dont they switch to the old airport though at Don Muang? Suspect they may start looking at that if it goes on for any length of time. I'm heading out in February..
Well, I am definitely worried as we fly ( or were as the case maybe ) Istanbul to Bangkok Dec.5th with Turkish Airlines.Tonights flight has been cancelled -- no surprise---- and no news from the airline.I guess they are just waiting to see what happens and thats all I can do. Anyway, fingers crossed for a suitable outcome for all concerned.

Ian
Foreign Office advice will be updated as or when the need arises. There is an update on the FCO website today to reflect the latest situation .. please click here.

David :wave
The latest on this story is that the government has declared a state of emergency around the two occupied Bangkok airports and police have been ordered to clear out PAD protesters so flights can resume.

Authorities have officially declared Suvarnabhumi airport closed until Saturday at 6pm at the earliest.

The site below is useful for all the latest information.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.