EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Given that this a protection against the land/villa being sold from under you whilst you have a deposit on it yes it does give some protection. However as you cant actually buy as a foriegner at the moment and this is done at the Tapu office İ am wondering how you are going to acheive it.
Hi Gypsybabe,

This was something which my Agent suggested and I had done. (Although I couldn't remember the name) it is some kind of legal binding where you pay the owner the full amount for the property and a legal document is drawn up to say that the owner is now in debt to you for the given amount i.e. cost of property.

This is only applicable whilst waiting for Tapu of course. This may be what your agent has suggested, but don't take my word for it. There may be some others on the forum who could confirm.......
I have sent you a pm. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.