EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
property turkey
11 Posts
not heard anything like that one all the estate agents will go out of business :que
There is a huge thread on buying in Turkey, in the expats forum if thats any help, you probably need to read backwards though (from the newest posts first if that makes sense)

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=52500

Lots of stuff on there from estate agents and people who have bought.
apprentlly it was brought out by the goverment a couple of days ago. i was online chatting to a business owner and he was explaining the situation to me :think
so not to sure if i understood it correct :duh
the situation is explaned here
http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=139293
As an agent here this is a bit of a nightmare for a lot of people in the process of buying- however my clients have been well protected against this sort of thing by certain clauses we insist on in contracts(not all agents do this however)
For anyone considerring buying here dont panic but make sure your contract covers you for things like this. It will get sorted out but may take a short period before it does get sorted.

Anyone out there who is in the process and wanting advice can PM me or find me at bryn@ba-property.com (ps sorry mod about the email address but hope you will let it stand in this case.)
Turkey always seems to make things difficult for itself - cos at the end of the day it is they who will be affected! As I understand it they have stopped foreigners from buying property for the time being. The worrying aspect of it is that as they are always changing laws around, once (or if) they go back to as it was it will put buyers off as they won't know how all this constant faffing about will affect the price of their property in the future.

It's well known that reselling property in Turkey is very difficult, and many people often sell at a loss, so with this new law Turkey is just making things 1000 times worse.

Strawberry
i agree totally with what your saying strawberry, there must be a fair view concerned property owners that are trying to sell in turkey at the moment ,bet they are concerned !!!
Hi

WHY DOES IT HAPPEN TO ME !

We have just decided to sell our second house in Turkey !

Does anyone know if a Brit can sell to another Brit, is this is possible ?

We were told once that if a Brit owns the TAPU then selling the house, and the new owner getting the TAPU for it is much easier, or is this one not true also ?

Thanks

Olya
OLYA All sales to foriegners are currently suspended. Hopefully the new amendment to the law will be pushed through soon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.