Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi GozoMark, thanks for the article, guess I will just have to keep hold of the memories, it will be back to the Ta Cenc, as the San Lawrenz just isn't in the right spot. Fingers crossed Victor Borg doesn't sell that. Hope it will be next year as I miss Gozo, it is a very special place, spent my honeymoon at the Ta Cenc. Thanks for the reply.
I also prefer Ta Cenc to San Lawrenz, and not just because Ta Cenc is in my village of Sannat ! I find San Lawrenz too "efficient" for Gozo ! As for Victor's plans, unlikely to sell out, given his plans for a golf course. We have the festa in Sannat this week - I'm being deafened with fireworks as I write !
Hi GozoMark, just thought I'd tell you to wear ear plugs, remember the loud bang at the fireworks, when we visited it was in the village over the otherside hill. I too love Sannat have fun with the Fiesta.
was that Munxar or Xawkija ? - tonights fireworks have just started, and the brass bands are trying to compete !
Hi GozoMark, not sure its the large town opposite the valley that you look over towards when you walk down the side Ta Cenc, on left side when you are at the top end Sannat. Don't mean to upset the town plan, but I think of hotel being at the top and the square and church being at the bottom town, but you now women and directions :thanks
hotel definitely at the top. Sounds like Xewkija - the town with the massive church - could be wrong as brain a bit fuzzy this am !
Thats it. massive church in center. Did you celebrate last night!!! Enjoy -life comes round only once, just remember Alka Seltzer!
One of he best holidays I've spent on Gozo, & I've spent a few, was at Zabetta Farmhouse in Sannat. The peace, the people, the facilities (it's within walking distance of Victoria) all made it a wonderfully relaxing experience.

I plan to go back to there next year.

:)
glad to hear my fellow Sanatines and Sanatinas looked after you ! hope you discovered Rosina's bar and the pizzas at the football club ?
Dropped into a cracking restaurant called the Il-Girna, which was situated right outside the Ta Cenc, while we were on Gozo last week. Not cheap but the food, service and presentation were first class,

Trev
Hi again Trev

you found a real gem of Gozo - its run by Teddy and Maria, and I would say one of the best restaurants in Gozo - somewhere else is It Tmun, Victoria
Ta for the info. We were advised to visit the Il-Girna by our hotel receptionist Nikki who was a personal friend of Teddy and Maria although I've never met them because they weren't in the restaurant that day!

Sliema2 put me on to another excellent restaurant called the Il Merrill in Sliema. I bet you know this one even though it's not on Gozo. Must try the It Tmun next time I visit. A good excuse for visiting again and I think we will possibly stay on Gozo for a change,

Trev
Il-Girna Mmmmmmmm go there everytime I visit Gozo I definately reccomend the Pasta with crushed olives and orange rind and orange juice absolutely delicious
Hi Trev,

I value your opinions and it's nice to know that you also like the Il-Girna.

Probably not the place to post this but we did try to look at your new development in Golden Bay but couldn't get near because as you are probably aware there is still building work taking place. Will make the effort next time,

Trev
No Problem. Drop me line when you next over and will give you a personalised tour.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.