Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I don't see any info on the Fiesta Hotel Oasis Paraíso website to suggest a closure, but you may want to contact them directly to verify ... click here.

David :wave
Thanks for that I have sent them an email.
We phoned Thomsons but as far as they are aware the hotel is still open.
But I've spoken to my friend in Belgium and his travel agent phoned him yesterday saying that the hotel is definately closing at the end of the month and it is going to be made into apartments. When you go on the thomson website you can no longer book this hotel.
Its sad, we've been there 5 years running and have made alot of friends there.
Hi DEB830

It seems Fiesta are pulling out of another hotel,we booked to go to a Fiesta hotel in Ibiza for May 2008,in December I was checking their site and couldn't find the hotel,thought it strange but maybe it was already fully booked,in January there were questions on this site being asked and a lot of speculation as to what was happening,Tour operators were not giving any answers,about the middle of Feb we received a letter saying it was no longer a Fiesta hotel but our booking was still okay,we lost quite a few amenities,no refund for the loss but we could change hotels if we wanted.They also told us that they didn't know whether the hotel would continue to be run in the same way as before,we had been 3 times before.

I think you will need to push hard for answers as you should be offered the chance to change hotels.If you want free child places you may be too late for any if you leave it too long.If your friend has information in writing ask them to e-mail it to you,then go to Tour operator with it.Good luck.
Thanks OSCARBEN
Today Thomsons phoned us and finally confirmed it properly.
They said the fiesta hotel oasis paraiso definately closing down, but they have offered us to stay in its sister hotel next door the paraiso floral and we will be upgraded from half board to fully inclusive which is I suppose not a bad offer.
The main thing we were sad about is that we have been to the oasis paraiso 5 times now and alot of the staff there have become our friends, and we really feel for them that they will now be out of a job.
And we will also miss the hotel itself as we always enjoyed our stay there.
Anyway just thought I'd update you!
:wave
Hi DEB830

We stayed in Paraiso Floral several years ago,spent most of our time at the Lido which was free to guests from the hotel.It was lovely there,plenty of room and quite peaceful.They even had a bar for all-inclusive to use with free lollies for the children.

Our friends had an enormous room for 4,separate bedroom for themselves and a huge balcony,Daz couldn't use it though cos he has a fear of heights.Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for that, its very encouraging news and has helped us look forward to it a little more.
I've checked out a few reviews on the hotel and they seem to be quite positive.
I think we are going to save alot on what we normally would spend on drinks lollies snacks and pop for the kids so it might turn out to be a good thing afterall!
I've seen the lido but have never been down to it, we will definately check it out next time.
I've noticed that the photo's of the bedrooms look alot bigger too.
Its been mentioned to me before that the pool and all the daytime activities are all in the shade or shadow of the hotel, did you find this? I love the sun and want to be in it as much as possible.
Anyway thanks for all your help!
Debs :wave:
Hi Debs

We went in August and couldn't bother to fight for beds near the pool so only spent about an hour there after nearly everybody else had gone in.We don't join in with the games as we like to lay in the sun more,it was really busy at the hotel so much quieter at the lido.
Hi Debs,

Just thought I would let you know that I stayed at the Floral in March this year and had a brilliant time, we didnt bother getting beds right by the pool but used to go a little terrace which overlooked the lido. The pool area was sunny cant remember the hotel casting a shadow over the area. Food was really good too.
Thanks again Oscarben and madmax
Sounds like the hotel will be nice, I'm starting to look forward to it more thanks to your positive comments!
:wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.