Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ok thanks for that, one more do they have hairdryers in the room for the mrs? also our boy is 6 and we booked only last week, looking forward to it
yes here will be a hairdryer in the room, your boy will love it - the aqua park is fantastic and the kids club will keep him occupied if he joins.
many thanks.

Is there wine available under the all inc. the wife loves rose wine
Hi nicdown

I too am a wine drinker, the white wine is not really that great however I found the red wine quite nice its not as heavy as the red wine here its actually more like a rose and I enjoyed a glass or two with my meal most nights.
KAP123 - Have you been to the resort recently, or ANYONE ELSE. Would really like to know how it has been updated this year and what facilities it has? Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Hi Suebar not sure if you have been before, we stayed there july last year and had a great time.
KAP123, No haven't been there before, have you ventured into the Turkish Bath. My kids would like to know if they can have one? Also I have heard the beach is naff, can you help me out here!!
suebar, you are better off to go into town to have a Bath, depends how old kids are but anything over say 10 would be fine but warn them it is very very hot in the rooms. Can't help on the beech though but looking at the pictures it doesn't look that good
Hi Suebar, this will be my fifth trip to Turkey and I've yet to try the Turkish Bath. I have said I will defo try this year but too be honest I dont think I will enjoy as I dont like saunas or steam rooms.

Well what can I say about the beach, if you really like the beach when on holiday I wouldn't go to this hotel. I had read reports that it wasnt very good before we went so we where not too dissapointed. The sand is really dark it looks a bit like mud and the water is quite cloudy, it is also full of seaweed despite the best efforts of hotel staff, it does have sunbeds etc but no one really used them.

Hope this helps.
KAP123 - Hi, you said you have been to Turkey for the last 5 years - do you mean this hotel? Are you visiting again this year at this hotel? How old are your children? Does this hotel have much else to offer besides Aqua Park as I am beginning to wonder if I should have booked. Sue
Suebar dont worry the hotel is fantastic my kids had a fantastic time last year and there was tears when it was time to come home they wanted to return again this year, the only thing that stopped me booking up again was the transfer times.
My kids are 9 and 5, the kids club was absolutley fantastic (run by first choice) it was on 6 days a week for a few hours a day and in addition 1 night a week they had a slumber party, I think it was from 7pm to 11pm and only cost about £5 per child.
The water park is fab, we used it several times, they have slides for the older children and adults, a dedicated childrens area and a lazy river, we loved floating around this on a big rubber ring. In addition there are 4 great pools to choose from.
The entertainment at night was OK at least there was some entertainment on, 1 show was really good and the kids loved it Shrek2.
See my review frm last year undewr hotel reviews, if you need further info just ask.
KAP123 - Thank you for your reply. Any other information would be really helpful - i.e. my eldest is 13 and I know First Choice are offering a teenagers club, just wondered what type of teenagers activities may be on offer, would you know? Hoping he might mix with some others his age so more fun for him. Also I understand there is a Summer School but not sure if this is run purely for residents in Turkey to drop their kids off in the Aquapark or whether we as holidaymakers can use this facility, did you notice anything about this while you were there? Finally how bad really is the heat this time of year, I am panicking! Have heard so many horror stories. Shame you not going. Sue
Sue
Last year was the first year First Choice operating a kids club and to my knowledge was only for the younger kids, even if your 13 year old just goes a few times to meet some kids his own age, there where plenty of teenagers when I was there last year. the Hotel does operate a summer camp but only for Turkish Kids to my knowledge.
The hotel is quite isolated although you can easily catch a dolmus into Kusadassi, you must visit the market be ready to haggle, I could have spent a full day browsing last year, we find it easier to buy with english tenners as you seem to get more for your money this way.
I'm not sure which side of the hotel you will be based in, I kept getting them mixed up, we where beside the water park and didnt visit the other side of the hotel until second week nearly up, remember and use all the facilities, the other side (not sure if club or world) has another restaurant an indoor pool, games arcade another large outdoor pool and a large bar.
As the hotel is right on the seafront we had the benefit of a sea breeze just ensure you apply a high factor suncream and drink plenty of fluids, I was constantly in and out of the pool cooling down last year.
Hi Kap123.

Thanks for your reply. It sounds to me like this complex isnt advertised well enough then. I didnt know there was an indoor pool or a games arcade. I understand from First Choice that the World Side is the newer one built last year, so sounds like the extra facilities are in there. I have been told the rooms are carpeted, is this correct? Sounds strange in that sort of heat. Did you use the spa? What are the Turkish Baths like, my kids are desperate for one - do you know? Any extra info you think of would be grateful. Are you not going this year then?

We went to Lykia World last year so think we may have been a bit spoilt. This hotel does sound similar though. The only thing with Lykia was most of the daytime activities that were organised were for adults so unless you were a young child (where the club would organise the activities) you couldnt get involved, which is why I was concerned about my 13 year old. He sat and watched many football matches which he loves and couldnt join in!

There hasnt been any reviews from this year yet so if anyone out there has been please let us know.

Thanks for all your help so far.
Shame about your son at Lykia. Presume he doesn't like joining clubs, because he could have played football with the teen club.
Mehmeh, he couldnt play football with the teenage club as there wasnt enough teenagers wanting to join the club! This seems to be a problem in a lot of places as when you get to that age you dont want to be in a club. Sue
I see the problem! Was it August? If not, it might be that the teenagers are all in school.
Hi Mehmeh, no it wasnt August, it was June. I hope it will be different at this site. Sue
Hi Sue

Sorry I'm not really sure but organised activities for you 13 year old, if there are other kids of his age in resort then he should make friends easily. Boys of around this age where always playing pool/snooker at reseption above the main restaurant.

Hope this helps

*Edit sorry we do not allow links to a site that disallows links to us :wink Briar
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.