Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
With those wings I would watch out for Bird Flu..

If you are there for the 14 days you will have to do some trips, so I would suggest a private trip via Dolmus or Taxi to Ephesus as the hotel is not far away. Usually Ephesus trips start at the top and wander down to the bottom, but we walked from the dolmus stop into the bottom, up around and back down again last time in the heat of the day with no problems. We could have had our own private tour guide and still been a lot cheaper than the organised trip but it was our second visit and we were there for the sightseeing. unless you are deeply religious I would miss the Virgin Mary's house.
Also look at the adaland website to see how they are getting on. It is a different park to the one you are staying at and you will have to pay to get in, but a change is as good as a rest, and I quite enjoyed it.

Have a nice time.
Loved the joke about bird flu.

Anyway this will not be my first time in kussadasi, i have been there twice my last time was about 8 years ago, I've been to both ephesus and virgin mary's house so dont think i would go again think the kids would be bored stiff. Think I might give the other water park a try though. Do you know if they still have the big market in kusadasi on a wednesday/thursday cant remember the day but I remember the experience and the bargains. Have you stayed at the aqua fantasy was hoping to get some info on the rooms and food? Usually go self catering with the kids and just a bit worried that we will be a bit cramped and what about the food?
Bit quiet here isn't it !

Sorry can't help on the hotel, we stayed at the Hotel Tusan Beach.
I seem to be easily satisfied as whereever I have been I have a great time with great food, but other people think it is awful, get ill, bad rooms etc. etc. so I don't like saying too much.

I was annoyed about Ephesus as we purposely went to Kusi so that we could spend more time there than an organised trip, but when we got there, they had closed the hillside villas as some local Turks had vandalised them, so we never got to see them, they did let in the visiting Turkish students.

We go AI where possible so the kids can eat and drink where and when they want to. The problem with the Aqua Fantasy will be that the AI doesn't stretch into the waterpark itself, and the beach is a little way away I think (not been to the beach so just interpreting what I have heard. The fascinating thing I found about the Aqua Fantasy waterpark was that after about noon I could only walk on the white tiles. the red are too hot to touch unless you have wet feet.

We didn't go to the market, but one entertainment to look for is the Turkish night at the Caravanserai. The "salad" starter was very english and great. ( a couple of years ago!)
Can anyone tell me if there is a dress code for the men at dinner time e.g. long trousers?
I've looking into booking the Aqua Fantasy hotel in Kudassi for next May.

I spent hours looking at reviews and going through pictures and videos on their site and I was staring to get quite excited about it.
When I called my other half to show him he said "No way, definatly not until the boys can both swim".
Our boys would be 5 1/2 and 3 then which I think is fine as they have lots of stuff for little ones there, the eldest is having lessons already so he'll be swimming by then anyway.

Other half says in a place like that they'll want to be in the water all day and he doesn't want to be sat in the water all day, at which point I pointed out they'll want to be in the water all day whichever holiday we go on unless we go to Disneyworld (where he won't go yet because he says they're too young :roll: )

So has anyone got any ideas to help me to persude him please ?
Can't help on the hotel, but I think some time back someone said there were a lot of steps so may be worth checking that out, but as far as Aqua Fantasy itself goes there are a few quiet shallow areas where the youngsters can play safely and even learn to swim. There are also a few slightly deeper areas where they can practise their swimming in peace. Obviously you have to be there with them!.
There are a couple of smaller slides for them so one adult can go to the top and the other wait at the bottom to catch them.

on the other hand apart from the water and the sun. there isn't a lot more to do!

Forgot to mention that it will be a full time job keeping your eye on them as the rough waves and deeper water are never far away and you always get one pratt who is not all there..
Thanks for that Steve :)

Maybe he's right then and we should leave it a bit longer.
I'm considering Pegasus Palace now, but I'll see how this years reviews go first.
Can anyone advise what the snacks are availabe at the Aqua Fantasy, and the times they are available? The Summer 2007 brochure does not list the snacks
Hi

i have booked to go here in July and most of the reports have been very good even when it comes to food, would imagine that snacks would be the same as other all inc hotels in turkey. icant remember reading any reports about building work last year though.
Hello
A friend of mine went to aqua fantasy in October she went with about 20 others had a fab time!!!! food was great felt like all she did was eat and drink for two weeks.!!!!! We were talking about it today I know she said they served hot chocolate and those dough balls ( like donuts) around 4pm very scrummy and again around 11pm ish drink flowed very well too. pizza slices,burgers,fries and hot dogs were served through the day at the snack bar. I will speak to her tomorrow and get more details for you if you haven't already had some information.
I read a report on this site that said the hotel was very germen and russian geared but my friend didn't agree and said it was a great place. I have seen amazing photographs of her beautiful daughters taken by the resident photographer they were breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icant remember reading any reports about building work last year though.

last year2005 thy where going to be building a new hotel
called aquafantasy world 1mile from aquafantasy but the building work got stoped
faulkners
thanks for the info sounds great and cant wait to go now, most of the reports i've read have been very good however as I've never been all inclusive before cant decide how much spending money we would need (2 adults and 2 kids, 2 weeks) Any more information that you could get from your friend would be really helpful
Been to turkey a few times and we do plan to eat out a few times and I know its not as cheap as it used to be.
Any info on this hotel would be good, we are going with my son, daughter-in-law their 4 children plus two other granchildren.

The idea of the water park is one of the things the children are looking forward to, but I have heard that other people can go in from outside, we are just wondering if that is coach party's and then gets really busy, also heard they don't allow food or drinks in the water park, is that true, can you go in and out when you want.

We have read a few reviews, but would be greatful for as much info as possible.

Can you walk into town?

Thanks
the water park is open to the public & daily bus trips are run from Kusdadasi & some of the lother local resorts, so it can get busy, especially in high season.
food & drink are available in the park, but they are not inc in the all inclusive you get with the hotel.

you can go in & out of the park as much as you like, as you will be given wrist bands which show you are staying at the hotel.
Thanks thats nice to know, do you know if you can take food and drink in there as long as its packed away?
Hi ya all, i would like to know if you can walk to the beach from the hotel, also how long does it take to get there from the airport as i am taking 2 young children with me. :lol:
Hi I went to Turkey for my holiday this year and stayed at the pegasos palace - which we liked very much - the only thing was that you were in the middle of no where and we like to have a walk into town, but when you got there, there was only about 6 shops and 2 or 3 bars! I have looked at this hotel and it has all the things that we are looking for, but can you walk to the town? Is there much in the town? In the brochure it states a few different restuarants - are they all inclusive? Or to you pay locally? I will be taking a 11 and 13 year old boys - would you recommend for us? Thanks in advance
I nearly booked for the pegasus Palace this year but changed my mind at the last minute and opted for the aqua fantasy. I am going in 2 weeks and cant wait
This hotel is about a ten minute bus ride away from Kusadasi which is a very large resort so plenty to see and do, i was at kusadasi about 8 years ago and even then it was quite big.
This hotel has 3 a la carte restaurants and i have read that you pay a small charge to eat in them, you need to book the day before and from what i have read the food is excellent and you will never be able to finish your meal as the portions are huge.
does any1 know how long it takes to get there from the airport? and also if tey have kids clubs for 4 year olds?

*Edit please do not post in phone text Briar
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.