Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
I haven't stayed in Kassiopi, but I think it's rather more lively/bigger than Arillas - I think it's beach is pebbly.

I have stayed in Arillas, and really liked it. It is a pretty compact place with a local feel, with three or four bars that are quite lively on an evening and maybe 10 restaurants to choose from around the seafront area (a couple more a little further out).
http://www.arillas.co.uk/ has more detailed information.

I had a lovely relaxing holiday for a week there, and this was in May/June, if I remember rightly, so not peak season. The beach was nice (sandy with shallow water), and not packed at that time. Arillas was a nice base for a relaxing holiday for me, and really pleasant evening meals, although there is little else to do. Of course, there are plenty of places to get out and see, and that depends on what you like to do.
I have only visited both places as day-time trippers, numerous times to both, so I cannot say what they are like to stay at for longer.
Kassiopi has the draw of a nice harbour to sit around but the streets in the centre do get a bit busy, too busy for us.
As Phoebe states Arillas has a nice flat sandy beach with plenty of eating /drinking places around the centre. There rea 2 local travel agents who sell trips.

Another resort to consider which is in a bay like Arillas is Agios Stefanos NW, often called San Stefanos. This also has a lovely flat sandy beach and there are plenty of tavernas etc nearby. A good travel agent there for trips etc is San Stefano Travel.
Have a look at http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/

Maybe our favourite place, Agios Georgios north, would be too quiet for you as it rather laid back than most resorts. It is in a beautiful wide bay with a huge sweeping sandy beach, popular for watersports. There are about 20 tavernas etc but the resort is very stretched out with no real centre like the others, so strolling is the order of the day or evening. Much more information on
http://www.agiosgeorgios.info

Dennis
Hi there,

I have been to Kassopi twice and loved it both times. The first time I stayed in Hotel Lofus which had beautiful views and the second time I stayed at the Solaris Apartments which were very good, big and spacious and lovely pool. There are lots of places to eat with plenty of choice. Nice beaches, lovely friendly people. Altogether a lovely place. I have never been to Arillas so cannot comment on this resort. I am about to do Corfu again next month and will either be going to paleocastritsa or Aghios Gordios, will let you know how it compares. Hope this helps.
Hi

I haven't been to Turkey but have been to Kassiopi.
We found it very nice, it is set on a 2 bays with a headland jutting out between them. you can walk all the way round this headland and there are some nice coves and beaches there.
There are the ruins of a castle on the headland that you can walk up to and get some great views.

Several nice tavernas and bars in the resort, not too rowdy but still with a bit of atmosphere.

If you read through THIS topic there is a lot of info and discussion :think many people think it is not very Greek but I found it still had a good Greek feel.

The very last page has a picture that somebody :hyper posted and it shows an over view of Kassiopi.

Also take a look at reviews HERE

Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.