Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi Liz.
I would say that you would be really happy in Kassiopi. We stayed there May '06. It's the happy medium that you described. Greek in atmosphere with a sprinkling of english type music bars. The harbour is very picturesque with daily boat trips to various beaches and resorts. We went on the boat one evening into Corfu Town - Highly recommended.
There is a Kassiopi thread in this forum if you'd care to take a look. We stayed in the Dimas apartments which were very clean and convenient. It has a great large pool with a fantastic view of the harbour from the pool terrace. I'm not sure if there was air conditioning there though as we were there in May. Let me know if I can be of more help.
I think your son and friend might find Arrillas a little bit too quiet. Kassiopi is a safe bet for what you are looking for.

I can recommend the Ariti apartments. Huge, 2 bed rooms, pool, and air conditioning. See here:http://www.aritiapartments.com/index.html

and yes, they are actually nicer in real life than in the photographs and you can trust Matula the lady who owns that block and who also runs Fulvia Travel. They are are close to everything but far enough away from the main drag for you not to be disturbed if you fancy an early night.
I should explain that there are four small blocks of apartments, all owned by different members of the same family. There is Matula's, one used by Cosmos, one used by Mytravel and another privately let one but by whom and how I know not! The gardens are well tended, the pool is small but adequate for the number of apartments but the ones obtained through the tour operators are not as nicely furnished or furbished as Matula's are although there is noting wrong with them.
Thanks for that Magster. So... are you saying if we book through the website or Fulva travel we should get the better apartments? Also, how much do you think flights are in JulY ( we live in the midlands so would travel from East Mids or Birmingham).
Yes, lizw that is what I am saying! The apartments offered by the TO's aren't bad, it's just that the privately let ones are better.

For flights, Monarch and Thomas Cook offer Monday morning flights from Birmingham. Don't know about East Midlands. They don't have any bother filling the lights so trying to get a bargain is difficult and only really feasible last minute, which I presume you wouldn't want. Last time I looked it was about £220 per person per flight, but that still works out cheaper with the apartment price included than a TO for July.

We've just booked to go next July with Cosmos, but that was because we had enough Tesco clubcard points to pay for the whole two week holiday! In effect a free two week holiday. I can't grumble about the apartment at all at that price!
Wow Magster - Bargain! Unfortunately we do our shopping at Sainsburys (must check what one can get with Nectar points!). Anyway, I have priced up with Cosmos and they say £963 for a week on 14 July in the 2 bed apartment - 2 adults, 1 child. I phoned them & if my son does invite a friend (it's far too early to ask kids & their parents to commit now) we can alter the booking accordingly (so long as there's flights available). The cheapest "flight only" I have seen is £185 per person, then there's the cost of the transfers ...... :?
Liz
lizw, Matula throws in a free transfer with her apartments but for four, return I reckon on about £80 to £90 possibly less depending on how fuel prices go.

If you go out on 14th July we will follow you in on the 21st!
actually Magster, the rely from Matula said that it was 80 euro for transfers. I suppose they have to move with the times too!
L
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.