Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi
We have also booked this hotel for September, it seems to get great reviews :D . It seems by the photographs to be quite luxurious. (Check out Atlantica Imperial in Google if you have not already done so )

Sorry I do not know whether there will be internet access or not.
Hi Watkins

We stayed at this hotel July last year you will have an amazing time the place is fantastic.

They do have internet access it is located in the lobby not sure of the charge though.

The area is very safe and there are a few shops to the right of the hotel and a couple of bars/cafes

You will be truly spoilt at this hotel any more questions ask away

Dawn
Hi
Sorry just noticed your reply, thanks for the info.

Really looking forward to going end of August now, but it seems such a loooooooonnnnnnng time away.

Did you have to dress up for dinner at the hotel??
If anyone has stayed here recently please add your review of this hotel by Clicking Here

Many thanks. :D
Hey Watkins

For dinner the men had to wear long trousers and generally teemed it with a open neck shirt or smart t-shirt but for the ladies it was a mixture lots were in casual outfits but you didn't feel out of place if you did dress up a bit which we did most of the time as we like to make an effort when on hols. But after a long day out on a trip we generally went casual.
HI
Hi
Me and my husband are off to this hotel on the 5th of May for a relaxing week without children. I cant wait it all sounds and looks so nice.
Just hope the weather is good as its the beginning of the season.!!
Hi Lincs Lass

Cant help with the weather i'm afraid as we went in July and believe me it was hot. You could try the weather underground site which is quite accurate to see how hot it was last May.

If you have any questions about the hotel ask away.

Dawn
Thanx ill look at that, so long as its warm i dont really mind, we went to Halkidiki in August never got bothered by any mozzies but the wasps were terrible. I have read that the mozzies are a nightmare in rhodes is there a prob with any wasps? we were doing so well til my husband got stung 3 times all at once.

Ive read that the restaurants are abit of a push a shove.. did you have any probs ?

Thanx for your help
Hi just to let you know that the weather in May is normally pretty good. I visit in May most years and usually it's good sunbathing weather during the day, nights are sometimes cooler so i'd take a light jacket or couple of long sleeved tops just in case.

In all the years i've been going to Rhodes wasps have never been much of a problem (and i'm terrified of them!) but what you've heard is right, the mozzies can be evil so remember your repellent :D
Thankyou Marcus for your reply, glad about the No wasps! the mozzies i will be ready for... thanx again
Hi Lincs Lass

We definitely had a problem with mozzies to start with they seemed to attack us a night rather than in the day we put loads of repelant on that we brought from home but it did no good. But we went to the local pharmacy and bought something called Citrollia it is brilliant stuff didnt get bit again after applying this.

We never saw any wasps

As for the restaurant no pushing and shoving going on as it is well laid out with about 5 different stations so you dont have to join the end of a long queue. The staff really look after you in here seat you to your tables take your drinks order which arrives quickly and keep your glasses filled. We had the same waiter and waitress every night and they treated us like royalty on our last day we gave them both a big tip and we received hugs and kisses from them both.

Also the a l carte is first class very relaxing and a much slower pace and the food is delicious.

Dawn
Only 81 days until I'm off to Rhodes, I getting quite excited as I have never been to the Greek Islands before. Looks like I'll have to invest in som mozzie stuff then, not really been bitten before except for once in Alicante 2 years ago. Looks I will have to find somewhere to watch the Big Brother final this year too. LoL thats if it is still on air.

I take it the entertainment is really good in this hotel? It was actually recommended by an ex Thomsons Gold host.
We are thinking of booking this hotel on an all inclusive basis for 2008. Portland holidays seem to be so much cheaper than Thomson, but both companies have AI as an upgrade for £15 per person per night. Has anyone been to this hotel recently and would know how much it is to upgrade to AI in resort? Many thanks.
Hi Madgex, we are going to this hotel mid September booked through Thomsons. Last month we went to another Thomson Gold, but in Camp de Mar, Majorca this one booked through Portland. As Thomsons regularly have promotion codes (which you can find on the internet) they can usually match Portland. Recently with Thomsons there was £150 discount off any holiday costing over £1200.
With the Atlantica Imperial I have heard it is cheaper to take up the all inclusive offer up with the hotel direct rather than with Thomsons, but unfortunately I booked it at the time of booking.
If you look at the last review on Tripadvisor for Atlantica Imperial, the reviewer states he paid £20 for all inclusive with Thomsons and the hotel was offering it for 20 euros (I presume he means per day) and he was going to take it up with Thomsons on his return home.
Email the hotel directly to find out the cost of their all inclusive.
Anyone been here in the last couple of weeks? If so are there many children at the hotel? I know it is a Gold and Thomsons don't book under 16's but the oth operators do.

Also the entertainment in multi-languages. I have been to hotels in the past where they rattle through 3 or 4 languages and sometimes with a hearing problem I can't always catch what they are saying.
If you check out reviews on Tripadvisor, some of the reviewers do mention during their stay there have been a few children from other countries, but they do not seem to have been a problem.
Only another 33 days until we arrive. We have booked a sea view superior room, unsure whether the best views will be from the main hotel or from the beachfront annexe !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.