Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Nicolebride,

I tend to use the SG Express Bank ATM near the resort offices/BTC phone booths if I need cash in Albena - the main thing to remember is that the Postbank ATMs do not accept non-Bulgarian cards, so the one in the Pazar/Bazaar will be of no use to you.

If you have time before you go, get yourself a Nationwide Flex account with Visa Debit Card (or Cash Card) - much better than either travellers cheques or pre-loaded cards. You only need to deposit £100 to open an account and do not need to use it for anything other than your holiday spending.

See Tonyt's report and my exchange rate post in the currency 'sticky' to see the reason why we use the NW card to withdraw Leva from Bulgarian ATMs, rather than any other form of obtaining foreign currency.

Baldur
Baldur, the bank you mention is no longer in bazaar. I use the atm's inside Dobruja Hotel under constant camera's. The other one you mention near to Post Office is still there, there also two outside the Laguna Complex.
Hi Tony,
Baldur, the bank you mention is no longer in bazaar.

Thanks for that - I never really saw much point in that Postbank ATM, unless it was for resort staff/concessionaires, as most Bulgarian cardholding visitors would be unlikely to be in the bazaar area, they'd be much more likely to be in the Moby Dick/Beer Kartel or the Southern beach (towards Kranevo) areas than in the more expensive main resort area.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.