UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
you were lucky.. many of the camp sites i know [Henley on Thames,Wallingford,Clifton Hampden,Benson to name a few] where You cant even get a pitch unless you book at least 2yrs in advance as they are all within 1/2 hr drive from the Festival

best of luck

brian
My ticket price does include four nights camping at the festival site, I just don't want to camp! Really not my scene at all.

No, it's a proper bed I'm after.

I just had a look at prices for THIS 'budget' hotel near the festival site. For four adults, four nights....£1,2000! No thanks, I'd rather stick with the 1.3 mile walk from the Premier Inn!
Pippy not sure if you've changed your accommodation, but just wanted to let you know that the particular Premier Inn you've booked was only completed in the last couple of years, if that, and it's also a flat walk to the site. If you've never been to the Reading Festival before, on Richfield Avenue they have set aside an area for taxis, which are available 24/7, and when I was picking up and dropping off my niece a couple of years ago, there didn't appear to be much queuing, so this may be an option for getting from the fesitval back to your accommodation. Hope the weather stays good for you all.
Scoya, please accept my apologies, I've only just seen your post. Thank you for your reply!

We did manage to find a decent (according to reviews) hotel right next to the festival site, on Caversham Road.

http://www.centralreadinghotels.com/

For five of us sharing, we've paid £160 each for a four night stay commencing Thursday the 25th of August. Pretty good price considering most hotels hike their prices for the festival weekend :)

Would you happen to know of a decent pub somewhere in central Reading? I'm arranging a forum meet-up for about twenty people for the Thursday night, somewhere not TOO noisy (we'd like to be able to chat!) and if it serves snacks, better still :)
Would you happen to know of a decent pub somewhere in central Reading? I'm arranging a forum meet-up for about twenty people for the Thursday night, somewhere not TOO noisy (we'd like to be able to chat!) and if it serves snacks, better still

Sorted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.