Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You could try Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. It's a long read but he captures the essence of India and its people brilliantly.

He's an escaped Australian prisoner and heroin addict and the first part of the book is supposed to be autobiographical- the second half doesn't quite match up to the first for me but it's an interesting and engrossing read.

http://www.shantaram.com/
Thanks guys! I'll add both to my list.
My friend told me about Holy Cow by Sarah McDonald and he strongly recommended me this book. Now I defiantly going to read it, so thanks))))))))) :tup
just ordered HolyCow and while looking came across Yoga School Dropout which looked interesting so have ordered that too. Roll on holiday so I can start reading :tup
If you do a search for the thread - Books on India recommendations, there are lot's of good reads mentioned, and where you can exchange and buy second hand books in Goa.

xx lassi
Shantaram is my favourite book! You either cry with laughing or cry with emotion! I love a good cry!! :rofl
East of the Sun..by Julie Gregson is supposed to be a good read about 3 girls who live out their experiences in India..Will be ordering that very soon..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.