Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Tiim,

I'd definitely be inclined to go for H/B. That way you know you will have a meal provided in the evening, but at the same time it isn't so expensive you feel you're missing out if you decide to eat elsewhere. I would suggest you choose a hotel near the Marina as that way you are in the centre of things.

There are quite a few decent restaurants around PEK and Sousse and prices are very moderate. Most places have the prices on show outside so you are unlikely to get any nasty surprises.

The weather should be absolutely perfect by the beginning of June, without the full heat of July and August which can be a bit too much for me. The only problem I can see is that 29th May is the start of the half-term holidays, in my part of England at least, so you may find quite a few children everywhere, particularly in the Water Park at PEK. :lol:
Hi,

thanks for that - I guess with all the kids there it will be quite noisy!

I'm really looking forward to it and we'll have to find a hotel that's a bit quieter - we fly to Monastir so I guess that gives us a good selection?

Thanks

Tim
Have a look at the reviews for the Royal Kenz in PEK. No under 16s there so its great. It is at the far end of PEK so a good 30 min walk to the marina. Its just had a facelift last year so should be a bit smarter then when we were there in June, but we found it to be a great place and the food (half board) was pretty good. Lunch was about £5 for the two of us in the hotel
Hi my daughter and I stayed half board at the Hotel Kanta in PEK last year and it was lovely. There wasn't too many children there as there is nothing there specifically for children. I would definitely choose half board as this gives you more choice. Also in this hotel you could choose whether to eat your main meal at lunchtime or in the evening. We were close to the marina and the hotel had a "tuk tuk" shuttle to take you to the beach which had its own cafe. About the beer - don't expect too much as most Tunisians are muslim they don't drink. Their wine is nice and not very expensive. Most of the smaller cafes don't serve alcohol. Fresh fruit juices and coffee are more popular. We took a taxi into Sousse and didn't like it at all - too much harrassment.
Thanks all,

This is all good info - I guess the proximity to the marina is not a problem for us - we just want to be close enough that we can walk if / when we want to get away from the hotel.

I would guess then that wines in the hotels aren't too pricey? Red wine is a must for my partner!

I'm definitely leaning towards the half-board offerings, looks like if drinks seperately aren't too expensive that we will have the flexibility to shop around for other restaurants in the marina etc.

£5 sounds good value for luch for two! :wink:
Their red wine is good but as in this country you will get what you pay for
We always go B&B unless the hotel is quite remote (not just Tunisia I mean any destination we go to) we like restaurants and to eat in different places each night, 7 or 14 nights at the same restaurant with similar food drives us mad :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.