Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
BA v Delta
5 Posts
I thought that Delta were existing on a razor's edge - didn't they file for 'Chapter 11' or something for near bankruptcy a few times recently?

Perhaps you're better off with BA - but only just - having still not had my luggage (and parts for my CPAP machine inside it) for the last two weeks (and STILL waiting). It depends on your disability. With mine (Obstructive Sleep Apnoea) I've had to literally do a 'show and tell' to Cabin Service Directors and Flight Attendants!!
If you are planning to travel in Y then I would go for BA
Why not check out http://www.airlinequality.com loads of reviews for both airlines. Alsacienne was very unlucky to get caught up in the mess that was and still is travel between the UK and the USA over the last couple of weeks and I sympathise with her over the luggage delay but normally BA are pretty good. If their seat pitch in economy was better I would rate them amongst the best but even so I find them far superior to Delta and most other US carriers.
I've never travelled with Delta so can't compare them with BA but as a disabled passenger it might be worth bearing in mind that as a US airline they will be bound by far more wide ranging disability discrimination laws than BA are. Generally speaking US transport companies are required to make much greater adjustments to facilitate acces for disabled people than UK companies are. If you look in the 'Complaints' forum you'll see that a customer requiring extra legroom on medical grounds has got into a very protracted dispute with BA. It might be worth contacting one of the disabilty campaign groups like the Disability Rights Forum to check out the specifics of their respective services and level of assistance offered to those with a disability.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.