Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
In all the major resorts you'll be able to get nappies and jars of food in pretty much all the supermarkets and pharmacias. The DODOT brand nappy you'll find is actually Pampers, you can get Pampers branded nappies but they are VERY expensive - you're just paying for the name.

From memory (I'm going back 7 years) we could get Cow & Gate jars (under the name Nutricia), SMA milk is Nutraben and they do their own brand of jars under name 'Hero'. I took a few jars to see us thru' the first couple of days - if you can't read Spanish there were pictures on the labels so you could see what you were going to feed bubba.

If little one develops bad nappy rash whilst away (our twins did) I can recommend Eryplast cream - bought from local Pharmacia - worked wonders!

Happy Hols!
i don't know about alcudia but we took our 10 month old to palma nova last year.we could get cow and gate and hipp organic food but they were very expensive compared to here.somebody told us this before hand so we took our own food for the entire fortnite yes 28 jars:yikes a couple of bottles of baby juice and packets of breakfast cereal we also took 2 tins of sma gold.we bought a cheap kettle and a flask and used our hand luggage for nappies and wipes we bubble wrapped all the jars and they arrived in one piece you can take as much baby food as you want with you as long as it is not in your hand luggage.we left the kettle and flask at the hotel and had lots of room in the suitcase for gifts and duty free etc.people thought that we were mad but my daughter had all the same food as she gets here and saved me paying the 3 euros a jar they were asking for hipp (the only food little madam would have at the time) :)
We took Steri Bottles with cartoned ready mixed baby milk for both outward and inbound flights - meant we could just dump the bottles rather than carrying dirty ones around with us. I think both ways we took 3 or 4 bottles (each) just in case we were delayed and of course as an extra onboard to help with ear pressure.

Whilst away we used our normal bottles - Cow & Gate powdered milk was in foil packets when mine were little and we took that in our suitcases. We bought a secondhand Maws cold water/microwave steriliser which going out we filled with soft items and we just dumped it as we were leaving having done it's job.

We didn't have any problems with baby food over there - we used both Nutricia and Hero brands - just looked at the pics to see what was inside them and they were fine.

One thing I would say, is that the standard of cots in apartments and hotels abroad aren't always of a safety standard you would have in the UK. We found this to our cost - we were given one which was quite literally a death trap and another that in order to make the mattress fit was wedged with a towel.....Thomson Rep's couldn't have cared less and I have never been so stressed as I'm very safety conscious. On our next holiday we took our own travel cots.

A good hire company in Majorca is Lower Hire - they rent out all sorts of baby equipment including steam sterilisers, travel cots, highchairs etc. If they had been around when wours were small I'd have used them without question.

http://www.lower-hire.co.uk/
Hi, can anyone tell me how much more expensive the baby food is in the supermarket in Alcudia compared to prices at home?Thanks, Helen
The prices in the supermarkets are quit the same, so do not carry them from UK

Regards, Peter
Nappies are a lot more expensive than the uk though.
It's all much more expensive than the UK especially in Alcudia and especially the nappies.

I would basically try to take as much as you can with you and then of course just buy the last few days tops ups if need be. I used to take all my nappies with me spread out in the cases and packet food, withre-usable pots rather than jars.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.