Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
November is really nice in Goa - the monsoon has finished - everything is green and the temperature is the best - the shacks are up and running and everyone wants to talk as they have been cooped up for the rainy season without lots of people to converse with.
Always make sure we are in Goa in November.
Thanks for that.
Just hoping it isn't as busy as January.
Will the weather be as warm as January, ie high 20's?
Weather will be hot in november but without the humidity. Its very nice.

Its generally fairly quite the first couple of weeks of november, depending on when the shack owners get there license and if you arrive in the first few days there may not even be any shacks on the beach.
don't say that- I want to go in October!!
If you are going in october you can be fairly sure that there will be none to only a few shacks open esp in candolim area.

Again it all depends on how early you go. If you use a regular shack it always worth giving them a bell to see when they are going to open or keep an eye on http://www.navhindtimes.com as they always have details on when the licenses are given out.
Thanks for that mrstella. We're planning on going towards the end of November for my birthday so should be good,

Thanks again
I.ve been in Goa for the last five years during the last fortnight in Oct and their is always some shacks open in Baga, Calangute, and Candolim so dont worry about that. The weather in Nov. is great and it.s one of the best times for Goa, but keep it quiet or the tour companies will start looking for funny money!! Alan
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:53 am Post subject: back to goa for the fifth time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I.ve been in Goa for the last five years during the last fortnight in Oct and their is always some shacks open in Baga, Calangute, and Candolim so dont worry about that. The weather in Nov. is great and it.s one of the best times for Goa, but keep it quiet or the tour companies will start looking for funny money!! Alan

Thats another reason i want to go in November. Last year i saw some cheap deals from firstchoice departing in November, late deals, but they were only £300 per person 2 weeks.
I know they might have only been 2star hotels, but thats what we use in Goa anyway. As long as its got a decent bed, an average swimming pool, then that will do for us.

I seem to remember you saying you dont pay brochure prices, and quite rightly, because have you seen the prices of them lately.
Just wondering if you could give me any tips in finding a good deal.
My plan is to apply for a visa end of Sep, beginning of Oct. and then go on firstchoice's website and hope theres some late deals knocking about.
But after seeing the prices go up for Goa this year im finding it doubtful that Firstchoice will continue with these good deals because of the demand.

Thanks
I stayed in Goa from the 2nd November till 23th December one year and it was lovely, rained twice, very heavily but only for a couple of hours. Can be a little nippy at night early November but warm enough to not worry about.
Seems this years prices are lucicrous on checking up on the net, I`m very tempted by Salvador in Brazil as an alternative this time. The accommodation looks a lot better than Goan standards and at virtually the same prices, I should imagine a similar flight time and friendly people, it`s a real shame Goa is being priced out as I will miss it dearly :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.