Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
From what I have read Kalkan is one of the more upmarket resorts in Turkey and seems to have a more traditional flavour to it than say resorts that are geared up towards large scale Brits invading, eg Marmaris and Icmeler etc. Of course with it being more upmarket you will no doubt pay higher prices for food/drink/accomadation etc

Stewart
Stewart, believe it or not, you can eat as cheaply or expensive as you wish in Kalkan, as you can in any Turkish resort you care to mention. In Kalkan there are restaurants to suit all budgets.

Les
This is a bit of a late post on this thread but I thought I would give you all my two cents on Turkey.

I totally agree with the thread owner - I visited altinkum for two weeks with my missus and all we got was hassle and more hassle!!

It got to the point where I bluntly refused to go into town anymore and just stay in our villa as we had everything we needed there (Bar, restaurant, etc.)

I hope I don't come across too harsh here either but they don't know the meaning of the saying 'respect for women' either.

My missus got eye-hooked for the whole duration and I know it shouldn't annoy me but after countless people so openly did it - I had enough.

Turkey is a never again for me aswell. Not just for the reasons stated above but also for a few others!!
;) I remember Hisaronu when it was literally a one horse town...just one dirt track....and loved it there. Over the years it expanded and became busier and busier. I still think it is a good resort, as you have virtually 3 resorts in one. Fethye about 20minute dolmus ride in one direction and Olu Deniz 10 minutes by dolmus in the other. We were fortunate to strike up some very good friendships with some turkish people in Hisaronu - who we're still in contact with. I do feel it is very safe there too and wasn't worried when our boys were 'finding their feet' and holidayed with friends there ( :rofl and of course not only did they know the area but our turkish friends were there as 'back up' just in case.)

Been to Kalkan too, just as a couple and loved it. Only downside is there is no beach - just the harbour front - but you can get the bus to Patara Beach although go very careful of the rip tides!
i remember it like that too Betty Boop, thats when we decieded to by a property when it was built
how things have changed but the locals all stay the same both my daughter grew up in the village and now the grand kids are giving it a run for the money lol :sun2
as for kalkan it stunning but i personally like kas better
smc4761 wrote:
From what I have read Kalkan is one of the more upmarket resorts in Turkey and seems to have a more traditional flavour to it than say resorts that are geared up towards large scale Brits invading, eg Marmaris and I

icmeler granted is a resort and resort alone but marmaris is actually a thriving turkish town that has some very traditional aspects to it,a lot of people just think of marmaris as turkish blackpool( and it does have its moments) but it is a working town that remains bustling all year round ,tourists or no tourists
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.