Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
But we all know where eggs come from...stick to toast :lol:

del949
Do you mean that smoking stunts your growth!
Glad we stopped to save to Holiday in Goa 6 years ago!

If only someone had told us Goa is more addictive.

Oh and just a thought, If by the old saying thats what bears do, the pigs that you see in wooded areas. Are they looking for evidence of bears?

And you know where do (it) go's?????????

oh well back into me Sink, Newbutt2.

Regards Steve N.

sorry peeps this is what happens when hubby gets hold of the lap top, dont know what he's raving about. :shrug

jayne :wave
First time we went to Goa many years ago we stayed in a little guesthouse in Sinquerim next to Taj VillageWe were very green about India.I asked for bacon one morning and was surprised to see the looks I got.Assumed it was a religious thing.Next day the waiter proudly informed me that they had bacon for me(extra cost of course).The bacon turned out to be not very good but anyway us bacon lovers must have our bacon.The same night I got talking to a guy who told me the pig toilet story.Of course I was horrified and did not eat bacon again even though I was offered it every day.Of course I now realise the guesthouse owners ended up with unused bacon a fact I still feel guilty about today.Anyway even though I am fully aware of the hygeine standards in Goa and the fact that there is a risk in everything you eat I am afraid I will be sticking to eggs for breakfast Kingfisher for lunch and Curry and Kingfisher for Dinner.Followed by more Kingfisher for dessert.Does it still have strange things floating in the bottom of the bottle?
I had some lovely bacon AND sausages last week that had been brought over from the UK......you just can't imagine how lovely it was to have real stuff after 4 months of the Goan variety.
Did you know that there are 2 English guys over here that actually make their own bacon....it's not bad but not a patch on what you get in Asda. They both sell wholesale for anybody that's interested!!
And whilst we are on the subject of pork, I know someone who last season found a bullet (or pellet as she described it), in one of her Pork Chops.....she wouldn't tell which restaurant she was in at the time though??
GFF
I love all your stories,glad so many of you have sense of humour keep it up makes my day/night so much better.
sleep.
I have never thought about the origins of the bacon when I have eaten it in Goa.

The hotels we have stayed at have little porkers running about who eventually become breakfast.

Do I have anything to worry about?
I had the bacon that was on offer at our hotel last year(Ramada Caravela), it was Rank!! :yuck :yuck :yuck
Ohhh my god!!! I love this site so so so much - you learn things that no holiday rep would ever mention!!

I am not eating any bacon when I'm out there and I will not be able to look any pigs in the eye either!! ewwwwwww
For anyone that`s really so interested in Pig Toilets lol, here`s some pics :arrow: http://www.shen.org.uk/pigtoiletspage.htm
thanks for sharing that!! :roll:

off for tea now

dle949
I can actually remember using the 'pig toilets' in an Portuguese style house back in oa in 1978. Quite a 'frightening' experience really as no-one had warned me.

Started to do my 'business' and then all I could hear were pigs grunting rather excitedly beneath me. Not really the place to spend time writing your memoirs!
At least it would stop my husband from wanting to sit on the toilet for half an hour reading the newspaper.
:) Hi, I knew its going to sound disgusting but i've got to ask a couple of questions:
Does the pig act like a bidet?
Is this the reason its hard to find toilet paper?
:rofl :rofl :rofl

jayne :wave
A very good and interesting question! Perhaps maybe that was what was intended with the 'toilet'. I never really sat around long enough to discover if the pigs actually performed that service.

There was also no tiolet paper so a matter of 'when in Rome'.
All goes to the same place eventually then - thank goodness I don't swim in it!!!!!
Pig toilet comes to mind :!: Anyone for pork :?: :wink:
I've just read about them!!

Has anyone experienced the sound of snorting and bristles tickling your fancy whilst being busy???!!! hehe

I cannot imagine such a thing but I understand the need :shock:

I guess I'll be keeping away from pork when i visit :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.