Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hiya,
A number of the hotels and resturants have "full english" including bacon on their menus so it must be avilable to buy somewhere in the state. Either that or its turkey rashers being served up !!?? :yikes

MrsMac
its not the best bacon in the world though!!
Don't you know the whole 'pig toilet' thing? Ok, there's not so many pig toilets in Calangute anymore, but basically you have a toilet with a shoot out the back to a small area where pigs are kept. The pigs then eat all of the waste from the toillet... A very good reason not to eat bacon in India!

Also, we've requested bacon from the UK before and have received it. Make sure it's well frozon and wrapped up well. When it's in the plane it's not a problem as the lugagge area isn't heated. So will stay chilled, it's just the time from landing to get to your hotel you need to worry about.

If you bring some and there's some left over.... :wink:
Thanks Rob. I used to read about these "pig toilets" but never got or wanted a full description! Oh goody it's lunch time - anyone for a porkie piggy sarnie!! (NOT)
I didn't know about the piggie loo thing, glad I'm a veggie!
:omg OH my god :shock: its the first ive heard about the "piggy toilets" i wondered why the bacon was diabolical i,m afraid its the last time i,ll be eating bacon. Is there anything else i need to know or is it wise not to know :?:
Sleep it is best not to know, I would love some real bacon, if I get some Rob I will send you a bacon sarnie, not sure if you are allowed to transport meat from UK yet might be best to check the rules.
Did you know about the "piggy toilets" then lin b, if so why did,nt you let on. :o
Hi Sleep, guess I assumed everyone knew, did I forget to show you ours :!: :!: :!: very cheap and enviromently friendly, be careful which hand you use to shake everyone else's only westeners use toilet paper :idea:
:wink: I,m begining to wonder if we should class you has a GOAN or westener.Yes i have seen yours(toilet that is).Thankfully we never shook hands. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By the way we have a 'Pig Toilet' at the Mango house, our neighbours used to sneak into the garden to use it (but we didn't have the pigs...), thankfully we've managed to stop them sh**ing in our garden and filled up the 'hole in the ground... The old piug toilkets are now being used as outside sheds and a pedistool for the water butts...

It's amazing how many don't know about the 'pig toilets'...... :lol:
Rob some people just haven't lived, Sleep we may have never shook hands, but I did not use a swizzle stick to mix your cocktail [sorry Fiona I know we will get a slapping for slideing off topic]
not any more Lin! I decided to edit the title. No slapping this time!
Honestly,
does anyone now knowing about pigs and loos think it WILL put them off eating bacon?
If so ,does the same apply to eating fish, THEY live in it (diluted of course)

gotta go now, it's supper time :lol:

dle949
I got delayed at Gatwick for 24hrs last year and was put up in the Hilton for the night. Anyway....a women who was also delayed had to stuff 12 packets of bacon into the mini bar...so I assume its ok!

Sonofscouse
OMG a pig smuggler!!! :shock:
How about the pigs pooing on the veg crops? Should we all starve? :bhead
:) Hi when were out in January someone had brought their own bacon from the UK and left it at the shack so they could have it for breakfast in the morning, we will be doing the same come December.
Steve said that when he had the goan bacon he couldn't taste the p**h, but it was very crispy :shock:

Jayne & Steve
I would have thought that the goan pig would be better than factory farmed UK type bacon, after all it's organic :lol:
which leads to my next question
what do they feed Vietnamese"pot" bellied pigs on, they should give bacon butties that you can get high on :shock:

del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.