Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Lovely, I've booked here to go in May.
Sorry .. scarborosmoggy .... But this has been going on in this hotel for a while now things going missing ..... Peoples handbags missing from dinning tables things out rooms missing etc but it just doesnt happen in this hotel other hotels have had the same things happen there as well ... Im waiting on my friends daughter calling me back her mums a flight home ..... I stayed at the ocas last sept during my stay there i noticed down the side lane next to the hotel and indoor market the place was rife with gypsies, romanians whatever they are ... What i dont understand is the police know this is going on bag snatching ..begging etc nothing is getting done about it WHY mazza
Hi all

I just got back from Benidorm yesterday - was staying at the Palm Beach for 2 weeks. We were being picked up from the Sol Pelicanos for our transfer back to the airport so had to check the pick up time in that hotel (Globespan transfers). Anyway, to cut a long story short................ the day I went into the Pelicanos to check the transfer pick up time, I was speaking to an old woman (I'd say in her 70s) who was waiting on her rep coming. She had her bag stolen at Alicante airport whilst waiting on her suitcases the day before. She had £800, passports, holiday confirmation, house keys and her and her husband's pills in her bag.

So, just be careful at the airport as well. It's terrible when this kind of thing happens abroad as usually it never gets resolved. I have however, heard of these things happening in the Pelicanos/Ocas hotels recently.

Gillian
:( whilst we were there in august we were stayin in apartments el trebol, friends staying at the mediterano hotel, we had joint transfers whilst they were awaiting their pickup had her holdall taken with everything in for the return journey, it was left on top of the suitcase, and she was distracted by a lady, who appeared to be ok, when she turned around it had gone and so had the old lady,so you need to be careful were ever you staying,be safe not sorry :lol:
2 friends have just come back from the Rio Park and enjoyed their stay but said they had heard of a lot of thefts in Benidorm.
We were in Benidorm in April and were followed one afternoon around the pelicanos area by a British guy, very smart appearance with very short hair. My husband stopped and said to him why are you following us because I noticed you two streets away and its obvious what your doing, so get lost or words to that effect??. He never responded and quickly moved down another street.

Westie
Hi there, yesterday whilst we were in benidorm, a guy waiting outside the pelicanos, had his lap top stolen (The laptop was in a bag over his shoulder, - and was "Cut off"), the guy gave chase, but had no chance, the thief ran like a whippet!

One night walking towards the stardust 3 begging gypsy woman were walking far too close for comfort, because I had my whits about me this particular evening, and felt something was not quite right, I put both my hand hands over my bag, stopped, and let em pass, (my son seemed to know by my expression, etc... what I was wary of), and tripped one up, as she passed, she went flying :rofl

Belly.
We have not been to Benidorm since October 2005, but I am taking my elderly parents back there this November, and all this talk of bag-snatching etc etc is now concerning me quite a bit and I like to consider myself as a Benidorm regular.

We normally take the necessary precautions but it seems like we will now have to be even more on our guard.
Thieving is rife in Benidorm particularly while waiting for transport etc, when we were waiting for the resort Hopper at the Gran Bali two elderly people had their bag stolen within the hotel, with so many exits they did'nt see which way it went. The Staff were too busy to look at the CCTV.
right away, by which time the coach had arrived.

Be very careful,

:cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.