Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I've done this one four times...

http://www.manohracruises.com/dining.php

it departs from the jetty at the Bangkok Marriott Resort and Spa. Will pick up from other piers as well including the one by Saphin Taksin skytrain station. The menu is fixed but its served rather than being a buffet.
That was the one my husband fancied cos it looks more traditional...and as you say it's served not buffet..so will probably go for that one
Thanks again.
we haven't been on one but stayed at the Marriott and watched the dinner cruise leaving a few times. Very impressive looking boat
My wife and I tried this for the first time last year, after visiting Bangkok on many occasions.

Our main comment, other than what an enjoyable evening, was "Why didn't we do this before"?

Food of a high standard (as Sunbear says a fixed menu), service first class - and what a brilliant way to see Bangkok from the river at night.

They also do a sparking Australian wine on board at a reasonable rate - in my view the perfect drink with Thai food (and their maragitas are good too!).

Book with confidence as it is run by the Marriott hotel - enjoy!

Peter
Thanks for helpful comments!..we have definitely decided to book this one! And looking forward to it....
Now for planning some daytime sightseeing..... :D
Regards
Lyn
Yeah lots of people were ordering wine on our last trip. Me I stick with the Singha beer when I'm eating Thai. I see they have upped the price of the trip since I went in 2006...its now 1500 baht.

The trip sometimes get overbooked. My mum and dad were bumped off the boat despite booking at the Marriott front desk (They were staying there). Luckily they had another night left in Bangkok when they could go on the trip, and the Marriott gave them a free meal as a way of apologising.
We booked this cruise online before we went to Bangkok, it was my husband's birthday and they even made him a cake.It was wonderful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.