Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi, have just come back from what must be the best answer to your question for a first time visit!

We stayed in the Marina Grande which is a small authentic harbour outside main Sorrento. (But about a 10 minute walk in) There is a review on the site we did for the Hotel Admiral Sorrento.

We were able to visit Capri, did the Amalfi Coast, spent a say trecking through Pompeii (went via the train), did a weekend in Rome and a day at the thermal baths on Ischia. Apart from Rome much of this can be done yourself from Sorrento.

Only one or 2 English type pubs in Sorrento and though Sorrento is busy the Marina Grande harbour is like the land that time forgot!

PS Food and wine all superb!!!!!!!!!

:lol:
I was also going to suggest the Sorrento area- we stayed in a little town called St Agata which is up in the hills behind Sorrento. Beautiful views and easy to get around to Pompeii, Amalfi, Capri. The hotel Jaccarino has mixed reviews, but if you get a sea view with balcony the views are stunning.
Limone on Lake Garda is also lovely, and you can get to Venice and Verona quite easily from there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.