Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have been to Turunc and did not encounter any hassle also Akyaka is great as no one bothers you though they are still friendly but these are both smaller resorts so not sure if thats what you want
Very little hassle in Calis Beach and Fethiye.
i agree with fionay, ive been also to turunc and akyaka , didnt get any hassle in either but i prefer akyaka we go there on a regular basis , beautiful place, fab beach ,laid back and no hassle also a lot nearer to dalaman airport than turunc, akyaka about 50 mins from the airport. have a look at these links

http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/gokova.html

http://akyaka.com/index.php
Belek for me, litttle or none , even tough it never bothers me one way or another ,i have learned over the years how to cope with it.

Bluepeterno1
No hassle in Dalyan, i agree re other resorts mentioned.
On a scale of 1 to 10( 1=almost no hassle at all, 10 = go away and leave me alone, I'm on holiday and don' t need this), I would rate
Turunc 1
Kalkan 1
Calis 3
Bitez 3
Icmeler 6
Gumbet 6
Marmaris 8
I have been to Olu deniz and Icmeler . basing Icmeler on the 6 that scooby has given I would give Olu deniz a 3.
Got to agree with Lyn. Not much hassle going on in Olu Deniz, there was a bit more up the hill in Hisoranu though.
We didn't get any hassle when we went to Turunc either but that could have been because my husband is Turkish, they don't hassle Turkish people like they do British :really . I am pretty lucky that I don't get hassled anywhere really though even without my husband, a lot of people think I am Turkish too and they can see our children look Turkish.

As a rule the smaller resorts are better for less hasle than the bigger ones.
:offtop
Leaving for airport in about 2 hours. Staying at Asena Village Hotel, Hisaronu, for 2 weeks. :hols
baz. :) :) :)
Marmaris and Icmeler are nearly hassle free now as they have had a clamp down. If people get caught hassling, they get closed down for a few days, (3 I think) then if they get caught again for a second time, they get closed for a longer period.

What a difference it makes, its a pleasure to browse now.

Mary
Hope this is the case when season begins in ernest in summer Turkeyconvert as this has been mentioned before and is one of the reasons we are returning after a nightmare about 5 years ago when i remember a 100m walk would take an hour :yikes so much hassle ( icmeler). :)
Lynwestie, glad to see that score for Olu Deniz, we have not stayed there before but we are going in 3 weeks time for a fortnight! :cheers
Hope you enjoy it scooby . Let us know how you score it on your return . ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.