Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hassle From PR's
17 Posts
There are a lot of PRs in CT on the road down to Las Chucharas beach from Pueblo Marinero.

I've never seen PRs at restaurants in PDC or PB, although there are quite a few obnoxious ones at Centro Atlantico bars in PDC.
the pr's in costa are outside of their own restaurants and are not allowed to step outside that area so if you say a polite no thanks,or even ignore them they will not hassle you or follow you!! unlike the ones on the main strip in puerto! tell them you live here it will stop them!
A lot of the restaurants in PDC have their own staff acting as PR's out on the street now, marysol. Like you say, a polite "no thank you" or, "I've already eaten" is enough.
Thanks everyone. The reason for the request is we were in Gran Canaria, Purto Rico last year and the PR's were horrendous. From the postings can I take it Playa Blanca seems to be the least bad for hassle?

Jim
IMO yes, Playa Blanca is the quietest of the 3 main resorts.
I have read this is quite common in Gran Canaria, these people drive me nuts and have put me off making a visit.
Stayed in Costa Teguise a couple years ago and I can't remember being hassled at all! It must have been very rare because I always usually remember being pressured into eating. It was a very relaxing holiday here and I would highly reccommend it :)
When we were in PDC we got approached 13 times in one morning :yikes when my husband told one of the PR'S this he said "chill out your on holiday" this did not please hubby one bit :( PR's really put me off going abroad again :(
Must admit that if we are walking along the strip in P.D.C. we usually cross the road and walk next to the beach. Really it depends on the time of day. 13 in a morning is very odd.
Strange how the good bars and restaurants are usually busy without the help of P.R's
i just cary a local spanish news paper about if it gets really intensive, just make sure the pr's can see it spanish and they don't even look at you
Public Representative.

Someone who tries to persuade you to go into a bar or restaurant. They vary from people standing outside restaurants showing menus, describing specials etc to mouthy yobs who literally try to drag you into their shitty little bar. The former are usually polite and will take a "no thank you". The latter are the scum of the earth.
We were in Costa Teguise in April and we were self catering but we got no hassle at all from PR's and we were looking at restaurant menus to see where to eat at night.
we're going back to Costa Teguise in September, first time in 5 years - we were never bothered when we were there in '96. Really looking forward to it now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.