Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
beware
29 Posts
gracie if I appeared rude I didnt mean to, I can relate to everything you say about Goa and it will always be my fav holiday desination.

Jules
no worries from the goa fan.
Follow the Red Sea south, after a sharp fork to the left there is a T-junction. Turn right then next left, Goa is somewhere in front of you...
graciebluecat wrote:
and be majorley sceptical of jewelery shops,

Please dont be put off by jewellers, we visited several but the best one we found was Yassin Jewellry half way up quite near the restaurant spaghettismo. on the same side.

I bought a bracelet which was hall marked and had sapphires in it for around £200, got it valued at home and it was just over £500, in fact they thought it was diamonds. They said it was a rare exquisite piece and well worth the money. It was also white gold, and 18 carat. I have a written guarantee as well for proof.

I bartered him down a bit, but gold/silver they will do a good price.

I would certainly visit again.

The first year we got trapped in a perfume shop, but we learnt a hard lesson, but we have now made a lot of friends in the shops and restaurants, so we dont get hassled now.
i do not want people put off buying jewlery just be careful buying something like you did for £200 is bound to be real, if not i would catch a flight back there and give them what for !!....my ring was cheap about £18 silver but when you are told it is topaz is should be, not when you get home oh its glass.My husband and i recently went to goa, and bought a new certified 1 carat diamond ring set in white gold, and two white gold wedding bands, with a small 0.05 diamond inset in each. the engagment ring cost£1500 just had it valued here at £3,500/£4,000.......and the bands were £120 each and valued here at £600 each what a deal.
graciebluecat,

Don't want to appear rude--but---shouldn't you be promoting Goa on the Goa forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your last few posts seem to be referring to Goa :?
To be fair, i think she was mearly stating that like me paid more for jewellery, me in Sharm, and herself, in Goa and got the best jewellery, but if you buy cheap jewellery beware, its not all its seems :wink:
Michelle x
hi cheers michelle, i am not promoting goa, i am as michelle says, just stating not all jewlery is bad,and a rip off just be careful,in a way you can get a bargain in egypt too, i just got ripped off but isnt it good to know it didnt deter me from buying jewlery again this time i was lucky in goa !!!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.