Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
beware
29 Posts
To say
everyone but every one gets the soup poo.
is far from the truth, in my opinion. Last time I was in Goa, I had far worse tummy trouble than i've ever had in Egypt, but I wouldn't tell people not to take their children there!!!!!
All the times we've been, we've never had any soup poo or even stew poo.

Have I mentioned we're going... nah, can't be bothered.
we never had any probs over there and ive got 2 kids 7 and 5 and they loved the place and they never got the soup poo and where going back for our second new year
only 31 days to go,,,,,,,holidays are coming,,holidays are coming
  • Edited by wazza1 2006-11-27 18:18:14
soap poo

Wazza, you're excitement is showing! :rofl
graciebluecat

just like to say i visited sharm with my dad in 2004,

Long time ago pre terror attacks

another thing to watch some men stand on the side of the rd asking you to sign their guest book,as they have just opened a new shop

Still happens but les so

so beware!!they all hassle you to come into their shops if you want to go in to look around fine but when they hassle you it puts you off going in they turn people away without knowing!.....

You hassle them and haggle them down -- a polite no thank you ALWAYS works

sharm is a great place to dive and the fish amazing this will be my memory of sharm

Can't fault that

But get back to Sharm then tell us how YOU think it's changed
We've noticed a difference between last year and this year
hi thanks for your postings..only going on my experience,perhaps its changed but remember every hol is different depnds on where you stay what you do, who you meet (experiences) but at that time every one was ill with soup poo we chatted to alot of people at tha airport they were all ill with it my poor dad had it for the whole week he was there.. at the air port it made me laugh this guy was selling toilet roll as there was none in the toilets he must of made a fortune!!!!....but fantastic if you enjoyed sharm and didnt get soup poo....ref kids i have a 4, 7, 11 and 11, and12 year old , i think they would love the sea,i didnt feel safe where i stayed and the soup poo i wouldnt go again if i did i would go hurgarda try somewhere else .just have to see about goa will let you all know my experience that i have there compared to sharm but perhaps if i stayed in nama bay i wouldnt of got locked in a chemist by a wierdo with one white eye ball (spooky).......this forum is about sharing our experiences,and letting you know mine. wish you all a soup poo free stay !!! :lol:
ok ok ok ive changed it for you :rofl
CHANGED WHAT! YOUR HOLIDAY OH FANTASTC :bhead
*Edit please do not post with caps lock on Briar
to madcaravanner, i think your posting is good you state what has changed and why, what you agree on and dont,a logical decent guy!....perhaps one day i will go back but not yet....want to try diferent places off to goa next week then beginning jan off to australia sydney,brisbane and adelaide then off to dubi.
i wouldnt change my holiday for a million pounds ok may be i would :rofl
well i been to sharm 7 times and never i had anything like that i do speak a little arabic too, but just say no and also i walk in namma bay alone and never i get any probs but i speak then in arabic and they respect that too for speaking in arabic at lease learn some simple words if u dont want say NO la2
We went to Sharm last year, came home the day before the bombing in Naama Bay. I have got to say we had a great holiday, although all three of us got the dreaded soup poo, although cleared almost immediately once we made it to the chemist!

I have to agree with you, graciebluecat, I too totally disliked the whole Naama Bay thing, and my husband got locked in a perfume shop, and he tried the firm 'no thank you' and it took a good ten minutes before he got out, and had real verbal abuse as he left. That was our one and only trip to there in the fortnight, we stayed round the hotel for the rest of the holiday.

El GOuna - different story altogether, totally hassle free resort, brilliant!
My husband didn't actually intend to go into the perfume shop at all - they are very clever over there, the shopkeepers try to make alliances with the tourists through their children, and my daughter was actually 'lured' into the shop and of course my husband followed, then of course they honed in on him! Live and learn though!
I do not in anyway condone what the guys do out there to get you into their shop. and i hate it too when you can't walk down the street in peace. However, sometimes you have to look at it from their point of view. They have had a hard time of it with the bombs, and now there are sooo many shops there is stiff competition, so they have to lure you in somehow.
ANyway, sorry you didn't enjoy sharm, and hope your next holidays are a great success!!
graciebluecat
to madcaravanner, i think your posting is good you state what has changed and why, what you agree on and dont,a logical decent guy!....perhaps one day i will go back but not yet....want to try diferent places off to goa next week then beginning jan off to australia sydney,brisbane and adelaide then off to dubi.

Thanks for the bouquet

We enjoyed Sharm and my signature line on other groups shows that
But we also go to other places (the wife went to Bulgaria in September)
Next year we are caravanning in France and Spain again and going somewhere warmer too
Hopefully Nuweiba
hi well at least someone on here knows what i mean,....while i got locked in that chemist i should of bought lots of diorolite!!!!!! but he started to try and sell me suncream and he wanted to demontrate how to put it on and started rubbing it into my neck and lower and as i had a low t shirt on oh no thought i was gonna get attacked i shouted no no i do not want sun cream need more money for nappies be back in a minute,,,,,thank god i got out I did enjoy my visit to sharm,i liked certain things like diving and lounging on the beach, but when something like that happens it spoils your holiday.....i am off in two days to goa......i have Heard that they on the beach, have ear cleaners out there that pounce on you and then demand payment for sticking a scewer in your ear!!!!............this time i think i will defo give em a punch!!!!!
hi just got back from goa, must say never got soup poo, have a fantastic holiday,there was hassle there from sellers, but overall the holiday was far far better than sharm.
Hi gracie

As my name would suggest i love goa and have been going at least once a year since 2000 and I dont think you can compare them like for like, regarding soup poo out of our 8 visits to Goa i think there has only been 2 hoildays when neither myself or my hubby didnt end up with deli belly.

We went to Sharm in April for 2 weeks this year (arrived the same say as the bombing) we didnt have 'soup poo' at all, sharm is lots cleaner then Goa, we didnt have any hassle from the sellers although maybe it because we are used to them in Goa, we are returning to Sharm on 27th Dec for a week and Goa in Feb. I appreciate you had a very bad experience in Sharm but if you read the Goa forum its not always ''trouble'' free in Goa. I had a bad holiday in Turkey 10 years ago and I will never return but plenty of people adore the place.

Jules
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.