Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If you ask in the shack/restaurant or hotel they will get one for you. Extremely cheap and very very yummy :tup
I can certainly testify to that comment above !!!!

Whilst we were there last year, my mate proposed to his now fiance and had the ring hidden inside the cake. it was damned enormous (the cake), and very tasty.

Dont know where he got it from, he just said a shop in Calangute.
We found a shop called Sweet Art in Candolim, it's on the same side of the road as Floyds restaurant and down a beach road that takes you to the Casablanca hotel.
They have a great choice on display or pictures in a book you can choose from or anything you want they will make.
We just wanted a plain chocolate one with name on etc and got an absolute cracker that had the taste of Tiramisu, and only cost 400rps, and 14 of us had a good slice in the shack one night.
If this seems okay for you give them at least 2 days notice (more if possible) so it will be ready.
Spike.
There's a cake shop on the left near the roundabout in Calangute before you turn right into Baga road. Also I think Infanteria does cakes (but not too sure). As others have said ask at your hotel/shack they will be only to happy to oblige. They DO make beautiful cakes over there, really, really scrummy. Enjoy...... :tup
thanks for all your replies, im hungry now!

Im sure i will find one somewhere. We arrive on the friday and his birthday is sunday, so firdays mission will be sort one out as a surprise for him!

:wave:
Hi the bakery round the corner from the tibetan market in Calangute does a lovely chocolate birthday cake, my son has had four over the last couple of years, cant remember the name of the bakery though - sorry. I will be ordering one for my daughters 21st in February this year
just read the post above the name of the bakery that does really good chocolate cakes is infantera
We had three birthdays on consecutive days and we got a lovely cake, free of charge, at After Seven. You will need to let them know in advance and perhaps ours was free because we were a big party but I don't think they'll charge you much, and they'll certainly make an event of it!

Nice place to celebrate :tup
I can second Sweet Art in Candolim, we've had some lovely cakes from there and they also do great baguettes, we get them to take to the airport on our journey home as they are much cheaper than the rubbish sandwiches they sell in the airport.

Debs
Just remembered, the hotels usually pick up that its your birthday (from your passport when you book in) so don't be surprised if THEY get you a cake, you may also get a written announcement made on the blackboard (menu board). It has happened to us a few times. Enjoy......Peace and Love, Peace and Love (quote from Ringo Starr) :really Fizz x
It was my birthdy over there last time (and soon again as well)

OH got my cake from the bakery near the roundabout in Calagute- they even found him some candles which the hotel boys lit and came in procession up the stairs behind my husband singing- quite a showstopper!
We call at sweet art most days on are way back from the beach.. they do some wonderfull cakes and a nice coffee.. to go with it.. very clean
Jan/feb is birthday season for my dad and our friend visitors from wales.
Infantaria bakery at the bottom of Baga/Calangute road do birthday cakes. You can go in an order your cake, eg large/small, chocolate etc.

You also need to inform the hotel of birthdays, as they may even lay on a cake.

One season we got the cake from Infantaria during the day and later in the evening from the hotel.
What lights up your life most is to give a piece of cake to the unforgotten staff....

The room boys, the security guard on night duty. The waiters loved the cake, but its always the forgotten staff you have to think of.

In Palelom this year we got the local bakery to do the cake. Although I had the feeling when the shack boys brought it out, it was the skimpiest slices ever, and yes we did give them the left over.

Tip: Be in charge of the slices, but give to the unforgotten boys, rather than the expectant boys
Royal foods at Calangute does nice cakes too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.