Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
birthday cake
9 Posts
:D hi i usually take a little one with me.i haven't seen a birthday cake there and every year it's usually someone's birthday when we go. there is a supermarket close to europa park, cross the road , down past buddies to the next road crossing and you will see the huge cakes and gateaux in a glass cooler. maybe they might do a cake in there.
thanks for that, think we will take a little one with us just in case but check out the supermarket when we are there.
just like to say we managed to get a birthday cake for our son from the spanish supermarket in salou - close to the grapevine pub - it was a whopper with coloured feathers on, very pretty too. this was no thanks to the first choice rep who had said he would get hold of one only to tell us at 5.0clock on my son's birhday that he hadn't managed to get hold of one as 'all the shops were closed as it was good friday' although we had been in the shops earlier that day and had to go back to get a cake after he let us down. :evil:
:D hi kleptouk is that supermarket on a cross road with a jewel shop opposite and the grapevine is before it? do they have their cakes in a cooler near the front door and they sell lots of pastries and bread? you can walk into it and walk round lt? hope this is the same one i know of????thanks if it is :D
hi,
it was down a side street quite near to the beach, it had an english supermarket next door (not up to much that one) i think it was called michaelangelo or something like that and yes it did have a bakery counter and a cooler cabinet, there was another pub on the corner furthest away from the beach too, not sure if that is any help to you but the cakes are lovely - quite pricey though, ours cost 16 euros but it was a whopper and there were smaller ones available.
:D hi sounds like the same place. the grapevine pub was near to it and the british supermarket. did you find out the price of the smaller ones? many thanks for the info :wink:
no sorry, didn't ask, as we were a party of 11 we just went for the big one but i should think about 10-12 euros judging by the size and the price we paid, they also had some chocolate coated smaller ones but the one we went for was coated in butter cream and quite fancy - yum!
:D sounds yummy alright, we'll be straight down to that shop when we arrive!!! thanks for that :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.