Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Brenda, I would imagine that flights in march will cost you between £200/£300 each return to Cairo. If you PM someone like Swisssinai who lives in Cairo, i'm sure he will recommend an agent who would arrange to meet you at the airport and organise whatever visits you require.
In Nuweiba more than Cairo I guess... but I would recommend flying with Swiss ( no not me silly ! ) or AUA. You can get early flights from Heathrow via Zurich or Vienna and then get into Cairo by mid afternoon. The return flight leaves Cairo mid afternoon getting you into Heathrow the same night.

I would look for a hotel on or near the centre of town by the Nile.

For this you ll have to search on the net for the best deals using expedia, hotels.com, discount-hotels.com etc etc - there really are so many choices. Best location hotels thus would be Ramsis Hilton, Nile Hilton, Semiramis Intercontinental, Shepheards, Grand Hyatt, Fours Seasons Garden City. Or go for a smaller hotel such as the Longchamps in Zamalek which is more like a guest house.

You can rent a taxi for about LE 200 - 300 per day to see the sights ( LE 11 = 1 UK quid ).

Things to do ( just one idea ) ... Day 1 - arrive and relax at hotel - walk along the Nile - Dinner in one of the river boats ( stationary ) in Zamalek ....Day 2 - Citadel followed by Pyramids, Dinner and show on one of the moving Nile boats... Day 3 - Egyptian Museum followed by browsing and dinner at Khan el Khalili ( try the Oberoi Naguib Mahfouz Restaurant ). Day 4 - last minute shopping and departure for airport.
thanks for the valuable info.x.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.